SASS Wire Forum

Connecticut now requires ammunition certificate

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

Quiet, Gunner.

They'll figure that one out and change it to "possession" instead of "purchase".

Then if you're caught without your papers...well, we all know what happens then.

Heck when I was a kid (14) I used to ride my bike into town (6 miles one way), go to the Western Auto store and buy .22 shells.

I think they were .59 a box.

And this was in New York!!!

I'd get a couple boxes, ride back out to the country and have an afternoon of plinking.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Just buy it somewhere else?????

How many gun stores in the state are going to be hurt? I'd guess the liberals don't figure to get rid of guns with just one law. Nor do they expect each law to do everything in one package.

This one will make it harder for gun store owners in the state.

Just a liberal state tax at best! Sticking it the 99.999 percent of honest folks. This will never detour a bad guy, crime or a crazy.

Now the states shameless politicians can claim they care about gun crime, without addressing any real problem (except some tax revenue) It's Disgusting at best!!

I guess you know how I feel:)

Ringer

No effect on reloading compenents and anybody with a pistol permit or the new rifle permit (that took effect July 1st) does not need the ammo permit.

And for those of you that did not follow CT closely, all the calls, letters and testimony didn't make a damn bit of difference. CT gunowners got tossed under the bus and a lot of NRA A rated polticians, Democrats and Republicans both, helped throw us under that bus.

No effect on reloading compenents and anybody with a pistol permit or the new rifle permit (that took effect July 1st) does not need the ammo permit.

And for those of you that did not follow CT closely, all the calls, letters and testimony didn't make a damn bit of difference. CT gunowners got tossed under the bus and a lot of NRA A rated polticians, Democrats and Republicans both, helped throw us under that bus.

... people in your state need to recall like Colorado did.

http://ctgunrights.com/CT%202A%20Votes/senators%20who%20voted%20against%20our%20constitutional%20rights.pdf

http://ctgunrights.com/CT%202A%20Votes/representatives%20who%20voted%20against%20our%20constitutional%20rights.pdf

Then again - that's alot of house cleaning :(

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Yep, you need either an ammunition certificate or a CCW. Some of the gun shops started asking for them back in May. Good thing I got my CCW.

Funny thing is the application for the ammo permit is the same for the CCW. I think you may even need to go through the same class.

Detail discussion on the subject ... http://www.cthuntingnshooting.com/vBforum/showthread.php?15384-long-rifle-certificate

It's an Or - Or - Or permit condition including the long arm certification.

In NJ, we have had the same ilk for decades, called a Firearms Identification Document (FID) for long arms. Issued by the local Chief or Police or State Police. Has all the requirements of the CT long arm certification except a training course and in addition the address on the FID in NJ has to agree with the address on your drivers license. If you move, have to have a new FID issued and by State Statue "SHALL" be issued within 30 days and cost $5.00. I moved in June 2012 and it took until March 2013 to receive my new FID just for a change of address though I have had valid FID's since the 1960's. Many Local Chiefs do their damnedest dragging the issuance out. We're all Gang Banger you know. Our NJ 2nd Amendment Society put on a campaign that moved the issue period back to 30 days and the NICS check to within 1 day with a valid FID.

So, to buy ammo, the FID number or ones drivers license number is recorded by the retailer. The same is needed to buy powder also and black powder is limited to 5 lbs per purchase. Means if you want a case - stop in at the dealer 5 days in a row!

Edit: BTW, there is only ONE reloading supplier in NJ that sells BP!

What happens when we run out of "just go out of state" states?

The answer is obvious. But while this crap is being litigated and is law currently...unfortunately....

You have better solution for someone lookin' to get ammo right now?

GG

The answer is obvious. But while this crap is being litigated and is law currently...unfortunately....

You have better solution for someone lookin' to get ammo right now?

GG

Run for a public office

Archived