SASS Wire Forum

Smokeout In The Hills

Blackwater 53393

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well y'all can brag and poke at each other all ya' want to. I'll be the one havin' the most fun!! If ya's doubt what I'm declarin', just hide 'n' WATCH!!!!! ;):lol:

Blackwater,

I noticed "Hell on Wheels" Anson Mount is from White Springs, Tn. Isn't that pretty close to your bailiwick? Have you crossed paths?

Rolling Stone

Actually, it's White Bluff, TN. I'm familiar with the area and ride through there often. I also have a few friends down that way. it's about forty-five minutes southwest of here. Sad to say, I've not met the gentleman and only recently became aware that he was from these parts.

After thinkin' 'bout the previous post, I think it's important to remind folks that the Smokeout is right in the middle of the area where Justified takes place. Harland County is just east of here, Manchester Prison is in the same town where we're shooting. Hazzard County is nearby too!! Real coal country and real folks that have lived it!!

Blackwater, I see our buddy T Bone is serving lobster, or some big crawdads that him and Ringo caught, at his match that same weekend. I would be willing to bet that our southern fried Carp, done up by Sister San, the Grannies and Uncle Bull would have them there Crawdad eaters a feeding crawdads to the dogs. What do you think?

Copperhead, I havent sent my app in yet so Ill just bring it with me ....but Im a coming and so is buffy and boaz.....Ill be shooting front. cartridge.

Blackwater, I see our buddy T Bone is serving lobster, or some big crawdads that him and Ringo caught, at his match that same weekend. I would be willing to bet that our southern fried Carp, done up by Sister San, the Grannies and Uncle Bull would have them there Crawdad eaters a feeding crawdads to the dogs. What do you think?

I'll wager you're correct! You and me both know that ol' Bone and Rango wishes they could be here with us, but they gotta take care of business same as you 'n' me!! I just wish I could get to all of the great matches that all our good pards put on and they could all come and shoot with us!! So many good friends and so little time!!

I'm headed to Indiana this morning with Matt Hamilton so's we can vend and shoot with korupt Karl! I'll see you 'bout Wednesday next week. There's cookin' ta do and I think I'll bring the old Harley back for another ride. That piece of road I missed last time is CALLIN' MY NAME!!!

That will be fine Mark. If you could get me what class Boaz would be shooting.

he will be shootin frontier cartridge gunfighter

I'll wager you're correct! You and me both know that ol' Bone and Rango wishes they could be here with us, but they gotta take care of business same as you 'n' me!! I just wish I could get to all of the great matches that all our good pards put on and they could all come and shoot with us!! So many good friends and so little time!!

I'm headed to Indiana this morning with Matt Hamilton so's we can vend and shoot with korupt Karl! I'll see you 'bout Wednesday next week. There's cookin' ta do and I think I'll bring the old Harley back for another ride. That piece of road I missed last time is CALLIN' MY NAME!!!

We're going to try to get Boaz to your tent, he REALLY needs a hat.

Well, I just got home from Hoosier Ambush. What a great time!! I'm already packing and sorting for Smokeout!!

OOOOH!!! OOOOOH!! I just remembered!! I'm startin' to crave a Pat's cheeseburger!! :o:lol:

I should be there sometime right after noon Wednesday!! Mom's got the brownies makin' as we speakl :wub::P The band is warming up!! ;)

Y'all get yer saddles cinched up and get to moseyin'!!! :lol:

I'm lookin' forward to seein' ol' Grouch again!

Buffy! I talked to Boaz and his lovely other half at Indiana! I hope they both can make it to the Smokeout, but I gots a serious question. Does ol' Boaz have a cloakin' device? He's WAAAAAY too ugly fer a purty gal like that!! :o:lol: Just funnin' Pard!!

Copperhead!! Call me on the cell phone when you get a chance!! I gots me a querstion!!

Looks like Badlands Beck and I will be in attendance this year.

Copperhead, Badlands will be shooting C&B Outlaw, I will be shooting smokeless so does not really matter what category I shoot. Just hope Whiskey Creek can make it for some of the activities.

Just in, a man that is none as Grouch has thrown down a "Double Dog Dare" to anyone that will shoot Plainsman against him. Says he'll take on all comers. What say you plainsman shooters?

Hey Joe! Hope y'all have a great weekend! We're not gonna be able to make it, but please tell ole Grouch "Howdy", we had a good time shooting with him at the Black Gold!

Boozy and Sonora

I'm lookin' forward to seein' ol' Grouch again!

Buffy! I talked to Boaz and his lovely other half at Indiana! I hope they both can make it to the Smokeout, but I gots a serious question. Does ol' Boaz have a cloakin' device? He's WAAAAAY too ugly fer a purty gal like that!! :o:lol: Just funnin' Pard!!

Copperhead!! Call me on the cell phone when you get a chance!! I gots me a querstion!!

Unfortunately, Boaz has to work and won't make it. For some reason he won't let Rochelle come down with just Mean Gun and me. You may be on to something with the cloaking device, we were wondering the same thing.

I shot the black powder mini-match at Indiana using my CHN pistol loads to see if I could still do it. Looks like I'm good to go. I think Alan and I will be having the most fun of anyone.

Tombstone, I'm glad Becky is sending someone to help watch after you. But then you is going to watch Badlands Beck!

Boozy, I thought you retired? You are supposed to be able to go anywhere you want and at anytime, aint that the way that works?

Well Buffy you tried to get a Boaz representative. As was said once about working "somebody has to finance this way of living". Matbe next time.

Unfortunately, Boaz has to work and won't make it. For some reason he won't let Rochelle come down with just Mean Gun and me. You may be on to something with the cloaking device, we were wondering the same thing.

I shot the black powder mini-match at Indiana using my CHN pistol loads to see if I could still do it. Looks like I'm good to go. I think Alan and I will be having the most fun of anyone.

Now Buffy! How many times do I gotta 'splain to ya, I'm the one dats gonna' have the most fun?? I'm brangin' my motorcycle. I'm brangin the band. I'm even brangin' the brownies! Plus I get to shoot with the best bunch of folks around???

I'll be takin' that fun havin' champeenship back to Tennessee with me AGAIN this year!!

Now Buffy! How many times do I gotta 'splain to ya, I'm the one dats gonna' have the most fun?? I'm brangin' my motorcycle. I'm brangin the band. I'm even brangin' the brownies! Plus I get to shoot with the best bunch of folks around???

I'll be takin' that fun havin' champeenship back to Tennessee with me AGAIN this year!!

That's three of us in CHN that I know of, I wonder if there are any others?

I won't be shooting CHN, but I'm gonna have more fun than all of ya's!!

Hey Tombstone! Load up the bike and get on up here! Friday is supposed nice. We can get a short putt in after side matches!!

I would love to but I cant make it up until Friday and it just aint worth the haul, I plan to just enjoy the setting and commune with nature as it were.

Okay!! The ballots are in and counted, the jury has returned a verdict, Price Waterhouse has certified the results!! Smokeout was an absolute riot and everyone had something to smile about!! I told ya's all that I would have ther most fun............. AND I FER DANG SURE DID!!! Even when ol' Frankenpump, the '97, failed to perform as expected, there was so much laughter and snickerin' that I just had to shake my head and then resume grinning!!

Great job!! That's to all of the folks that worked so hard since Black Gold to make this STILL the bestest, most funnest Black Powder match there is!!

For those of you who missed it, it's like the old Packard commercials!! Smokeout!!! ASK SOMEONE WHO'S BEEN THERE!!

Jackalope, i had to leave just after the match was finished and didn't get to stay for the awards ceremony. I had a gig in Nashville yesterday afternoon.

My sincerest apologies to the police in both states for my excessive display of speed on the way through your various jurisdictions. :rolleyes::lol:

Jackalope, looks like the hat goes across the river this year.

Congratulations to Buffalo Dick," Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation" He shot a near perfect full load match with voluminous clouds of fire and smoke.

He and Appalachian Alan blasted away with a two (2) second difference!

Practice begins now for next year, right?

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown" :o:D

LG

the one thing that held true to the last minute that I was there was that there was CONSTANT laughter from start to finish on the match, the side matches, the partying, and the food!! We even made fun of the smokeless shooters all weekend and vise-versa!!

You cannot possibly have a bad match at Smokeout!! Even if you have a ten stage trainwreck, You'll STILL laugh you A$$ off!!

Harley, we are working on the scores. We want to thank everyone that made it to the Smokeout this year. And to ya'll that didn't you missed a good'n. We had lots of Smokeout stories that where told and I think we added some to be told next year.

And I agree our carp was better then them over crawdads.

Joe, I want to thank you and your family for putting on the blackpowder shoot. I know a lot of time, effort,and money goes into putting on a shoot like you have down there. I just wanted to take

this opportunity to thank you again. If at all possible I will be back next year. And I will practice my rock chucking and bull roping! Charlie

Archived