SASS Wire Forum

Just finished watching tonights Longmire. Overall was pretty good, but they really started out poorly. The had the Wyoming Game Wardens dressed totally wrong! First they all wear long sleeve red shirts, it is tradition with the department. Second they don't wear campaign hats either.

Seems like someone didn't do their homework. the is the first big screwup I've really seen this season.

Although I love Vic, she wouldn't be wearing her blouse unbuttoned and no hat. Hollyweird does what they want to do. Reality is theirs!

Rye

I know, but anyone who has ever hunted in Wyoming like I have, knows how they love the red shirts the Wardens wear. Hard to overlook...at least for me!

Hollywood almost never uses the authentic uniforms for police departments. This is for legal reasons rather than lack of research usually. Some jurisdictions prohibit wearing uniforms that duplicate an actual agency, no exceptions for film productions. Whenever you see a National Park ranger depicted they will have a bogus badge and patch on. It's less hassle for producers to just make up a uniform than try to get permission to use authentic duplicates.

The thing that disappointed me the most was them saying there were only two shows left of this season. It seems like it just started, I would like to see it run a little longer.

This maybe a little off subject , would like to purchase last years complete series . Anyone know where I might find it ? Also , is this the 3rd season ?

Gamblin`Gaby

Archived