SASS Wire Forum

anyone know of a good source for a model C-141

Trigger Mike

I want to have a model of each of the aircraft I jumped from. I have a metal model of the C-130 and C-5, I want one of the C-141 but can not find one. I prefer it to be metal so it will survive my children. plastic will do in a pinch. I also want a metal Huey since I jumped from it as well. The Huey was wonderful, so peaceful, so smooth, so quiet you could hear the wind blowing by and you had time to enjoy it verses jumping from a plane.

I have a collection of diecast WW2 aircrafts, sturdy? Yes, but even they are fragile. I also did jumps from Huey's. If you have the cash, get the 1/18 scale made by Forces of Valor. More authentic, but large. The best scales for details, and to not overwhelm are the 1/72 scales. Anything smaller, and things look out of proportion with large rivets, and lines in the structure. Bigger, and then it overwhelms the displays and limits were to put them for display. As to plastic, there are some great companies that make sturdy, and very realistic ready made, that are above some diecast models. MT

Hey Mike Did ya ever Tailgate A C-130 ..That was different...Largo

Just step off into space. Loved it!

While in Belgium on a Special Forces JCET, we jumped with the Belgians at their Airborne School. We jumped from a balloon. It was so quiet you could hear the rubber bands pop off the static line as it pulled the deployment bag. The Belgians had a troop detail under the balloon to collect the rubber bands so they could be re-used. It made me realize how well funded, equipped, and trained the US Army is in general, and SF in particular, compared to other forces.

046_zpsd4aa0ba6.jpg

Archived