SASS Wire Forum

A joke (to go with 'Bones French Adventure)

Sometime back this French feller wanders into a greasy spoon cafe out around Ft. Stockton and asks the waitress if they served cowboy food. She said she supposed so since cowboys ate there all the time. Of course the Frenchman didn't have a clue what to order, so he decided to just sit and watch a spell.

Not long after, an old cowpoke comes in and orders calf fries. The furiner calls the waitress over and asks what that was, and of course was not interested in that particular "cowboy food".

Wouldn't ya know, the next cowboy comes in and orders turkey fries. A similar course of events ensued, and the Frenchman decided to keep watching and listening.

'Bout that time a cowboy comes in beating the dust off him, flops down wearily in a chair as the waitress came over.

"Howdy Mabel. Damn, it's hot today. Gimme a big glass of sweet tea, a double meat cheeseburger, and a basket of french fries."

That Frenchman shot out the door like a scalded cat and no one's seen him since!

JHC :lol:

Just an excuse to eat butter and garlic. Not a lot of flavor of their own.

Yup. Kinda taste like clams I'd say. Like someone on the Cruise Critic board once said, if you put enough butter and garlic on it a piece of carpet would taste good! I like them pretty well.

JHC

Kinda' saw that one comin'!! :lol:

A snail comes into a Cadilac dealership to by a new car. "I'd like a new limmo," he explains to the salesman.

"We have just the car for you!" the salesman declares. "Let me show you."

Hr leads the snail out to the lot and there's a beautiful stretch limmo with all the bells and whistles on it. "I'll take it! I'd like for you to paint it pink and paint the top white." the snail instructed.

"We can do that. Is there anything else?"

"Yes. I want the engine rebuilt with a supercharger and tuned fuel injection along with high lift camshaft and have the heads ported and polished. I also want it balanced and dyno tuned," the snail replied. "Also have the transmission beefed up and put me a lower ratio ring and pinion in the rear end."

"Yes sir!" the salesman replied. "You really know your cars. Is there anything else?"

"Just one more thing," said the snail. "Have a good painter put a big "S" on the doors and the roof!"

"We can do that, but can I ask, why an "S"?"

The snail explained, "I'm going to ride around town and when my chaufer nails the gas and this car takes off, I want people to say," he paused and smiled,

:lol::lol: "LOOK AT THAT "S" CAR GO!!!" :lol::lol:

That's 'bout as old as them snails in Okie's pocket is gonna be by the time he gets back home!!

(Still made me laugh, tho.)

Last day of fun and sun in the Languedoc. Tomorrow we fly to Paris, then the next day back home. Maybe I can find some cuisses de grenouilles (frog legs) in Paris. :D

Speaking of Paris, How many Frenchmen does it take to guard Paris?
A. Nobody knows, its never been tried before.

Archived