SASS Wire Forum

SASS Western Regional/ Chorro Valley Shoot-Out

Go to the Events Wire for information about The SASS Western Regional/ Chorro Valley Shoot-Out near San Luis Obispo, California in August.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203016

During the dog days of summer, with it's 70 degree temperatures and cool ocean breezes, Chorro Valley is where you want to be.

Fillmore

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great and fun shoot in a wonderful location. Last year it was 115 degrees in Phoenix and 70!!! in Chorro Valley. This is on my must shoot list for this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my first look at the list of sponsors today...

Sturm Ruger, Cimmaron, EMF, Taylor's, Black Hills, Dillon, Wahmaker, Wild West Mercantile, and The National Rifle Association. And there may be more. I am proud to see how our little club has grown over the last 19 years. Ya'll come, hear?

Fillmore

• 2 months later...

Best dinner by far

What's so special about Prime Rib and Shrimp Scampi?

Fillmore

For us land lubbers what don't eat fish, what is a Scampi? I always thought that was one of Lady and the Tramp's puppies.

From Wikipedia:

"In the USA, "scampi" is often the menu name for shrimp in Italian-American cuisine (the actual word for "shrimp" in Italian is gambero or gamberetto, plural gamberi or gamberetti[4]). The term "scampi", by itself, is also the name of a dish of shrimp served in garlic butter and dry white wine, served either with bread, or over pasta or rice, although sometimes just the shrimp alone. Most variants of the "shrimp scampi" come on pasta. The word "scampi" is often construed as that style of preparation rather than an ingredient, with that preparation being called "shrimp scampi", and with variants such as ""chicken scampi."

See you in a few weeks.

Fillmore

This is one great shoot.

As mentioned, the weather has been great in August (probably because the range is only about 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean).

CV is on our "must make" list every year.

CK

That's a lot of shooters and vendors.

You're not helping their cause :P

HEY!

I sing

I dance

I charm the ladies!

What more could they ask for?

Is the road fixed? Last year we had to go a back route. Not sure I could find it in the dark.

The bridge has been replaced and the "old" entry route has been restored.

Fillmore

The old way was turn right (if going north on 1) at the light at Cuesta College then turn left at the cattle crossing. The gate there is supposed to be locked now so that WON'T work anymore, at least it's not supposed to. Continue north for maybe a mile or so to to the main gate for the SLOSA gun range and turn right, then turn right and you are almost there! There WILL be signs and you can search for SLOSA on Google maps, SLOSA on Apple maps brings up no results. Going over 41 to Morro Bay from Atascadero means going south on 1, there is a nice long left turn lane at the range. I tow accross there all the time, but 41 is not for everyone as it is a bit curvy, you can go into San Louis Obispo and get on 1 north.

And for those of you coming from the warmer areas, highs in the mid/high 70s and chilly lows in the mid 50s at the range predicted for the next few days. Jacket weather at night....

And for those of you coming from the warmer areas, highs in the mid/high 70s and chilly lows in the mid 50s at the range predicted for the next few days. Jacket weather at night....

I was at the Range today doing a little work with Francisco Garcia and by golly, when we were done and enjoying lunch, I might have used a sweater. A nice cool breeze blowing in from Morro Bay, 10 minutes away. The weather for the Regional should be perfect. The sun at your back and a cool breeze blowing in your face.

See you in 2 weeks.

Fillmore

Is there a new event schedule out yet with the times for all of the events? i.e..... warm ups vs plainsman vs BP night shoot, etc?

Looking forward to another great event !!!

Dan

https://www.slosa.org/index.php/cowboy/21-cvr-jsw-article

This link will take you to other links such as a Schedule of Events, Who's Coming, and even Shriner's Chuckwagon menu.

Fillmore

Hi Dan,

Click on the link in the first post. The schedule is there.

I look forward to seeing you and Trish!

Regards,

Allie

PS How many Plainsman stages?

Maybe Brother Mad Dog knows, I don't.

Fillmore

Thanks! Didn't see that earlier......

Hey Allie, looking forward to seeing you again too! Trish can't make it because of a nasty four letter word - "work"....... ;-)

We're going to Morro Bay for a week's vacation the following month. So, she chose to use her vacation time for that. Hhhhhmmm, I thought going to matches and shooting was like a vacation!!!!! LOL

Thanks! Didn't see that earlier......

Hey Allie, looking forward to seeing you again too! Trish can't make it because of a nasty four letter word - "work"....... ;-)

We're going to Morro Bay for a week's vacation the following month. So, she chose to use her vacation time for that. Hhhhhmmm, I thought going to matches and shooting was like a vacation!!!!! LOL

When will you be here in September? We have a couple shoots around here.

Fillmore

Halleluiah.............

The two best looking guys in Nevada will be there.... Dan Diamond and ME......

Maybe Brother Mad Dog knows, I don't.

Fillmore

I checked with another Mad Dog, he thinks three. I remember two last year, I think. But plan for three to be safe..........

Archived