SASS Wire Forum

SASS Western Regional/ Chorro Valley Shoot-Out

And there is a shower down at the black powder range that we used last year, for those camped at the other end it is convenient. Have not confirmed the use this year, but pretty sure we will have access again.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sooooo ready for some cool weather,,,and looking forward to seeing so many great friends!! Woot! Woot! Woot!

What! Is it warm over there? Can't imagine. Jacket weather now

The Shower at the Black Powder Range has a soap dispenser that is filled with Ballistol!

Snakebite

Hey Filmore

You bringing the flying bicycle?

The "Flying Bicycle" was the result of overindulgence by someone in adult beverages. An activity that won't likely happen at an event like the SASS Western Regional...<sigh>

Fillmore

BTW, as we are only 1 mile off Hwy 1, cell reception is pretty good, especially with AT&T. Mad Dog Jack is out there and posting on the internet.

Fillmore

It's real iffy at times. I am right now behind the clubhouse in the shadow, if you will, of a hill. Mostly my AT&T phone works on the range but right now it's no service, I can and do use it as a hot spot in a pinch. For my tablet I use one of those Verizon USB doohickies. I hear out where most people camp there is strong signal for both, I know my phone works fine there.

Weather looking good for the week. We get early morning fog that typically burns off around 10:00-11:00am. Weatherman says it will be 55° at night (typical near-ocean temperature) with highs of 64° - but back where the range is it could get up to 75°. No fear of rain - unless something freaky happens, we don't have rain during the summer. And, even though we're near the ocean, humidity is very low. Looking forward to shooting with ya all next week!... RR

Sounds like folks are getting a bit excited. Had to duke it out with my partner yesterday over days off but seniority does have some privileges. :ph34r: Got lots of rounds for BIG MEDICINE so you night shooters who want to earn the coveted Dammit Badge, I have the instrument for the initiations.

Got to run out to the pasture to gather up Giddy Up for the ride to Chorro. He could stand a bait of grain for the ride. See ya there on Thursday folks.

The Shower at the Black Powder Range has a soap dispenser that is filled with Ballistol!

Snakebite

Ballistol is like bath salts. It's good for what ails you. Check with Howdy Doody. I saw a poster where he has been accused of being a Ballistol salesman. The way I heard it was, he was using it on his pancakes then a little dab as cologne.

Are the Johnson Brothers, Tiny, Big Red and One Eye going to be there this year? Are they shooting or just hanging out?

Snakebite

Are the Johnson Brothers, Tiny, Big Red and One Eye going to be there this year? Are they shooting or just hanging out?

Snakebite

It doesn't look good for all of'm. Tiny has been under the weather and might not rise to the occasion. Big Red might pull out but One Eye is all in. :ph34r:

Feelmore

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

2 and 1/2 hours left until I can sneak away and get ready for a weekend of gun play

Loading up the RV and hoping to get out of town bright and early tomorrow morning. It was 111 on Saturday. Today its actually raining and only about 80 degrees, but humid. Looking forward to the great weather and wonderful stages the Chorro Valley group has put together for us.

Working at the Range today, it was overcast with marine layer until about noon. The weather couldn't be more perfect. As a matter of fact, jackets will be required in the morning and evening. (Who can believe that in August? We can!)

RO classes tomorrow. The first warm-up match is at 1:30 pm. Cowboy Trap too.

Vendors are coming in, Lindholm Spurs, Mad Dog Benchmade Leather, White Wolf Trading Co. Buckeroo Bobbins, Cowboys and Indians Store, Ear Defenders (ear plug maker) and others are on their way.

Fillmore

It was 100* when I left work and 78* when I hit home. I could see the fog on top of Cuesta Peak. It is gonna get cool at night folks.

It IS cool at night, and today while working I wore a winter jacket almost all day. Misty Moonshine showed up wearing shorts and a light top as her traveling attire and it made me cold (well, sorta anyway) looking at her!

While down in Louisiana at the Bayou Blast I shot a fast draw set up with blanks that was downright addicting. We built one for here, and people are blazing away for bragging rights. Lots of fun!

Archived