SASS Wire Forum

SASS Western Regional/ Chorro Valley Shoot-Out

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked with another Mad Dog, he thinks three. I remember two last year, I think. But plan for three to be safe..........

since you guys are going to have two warmup mini matches on Thursday, I think I am going to shoot those instead of Plainsman. I'll bring those guns "just in case"! ;-)

When will you be here in September? We have a couple shoots around here.

Fillmore

I think we are going to be there August 31 thru September 8th. Trish wants to take advantage of that extra holiday on Monday for a vacation day. We're hauling our Harley trike and going to enjoy the wineries and antique shops at the same time. When are your club matches? Too lazy to look it up right now....... ;-)

OOPS!!!!!!!!

Filmore,

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang!! Who can tell me about the long range event?

I need to know which rifle to bring!

Jasper

The Neevadians are coming! The Neevadians are coming! Those that shoot over in Ridgecrest may know of the Sheep Dip tank they have in place for Nevadians over there, we have no such facilities at Chorro Valley, just to let you know.

The Neevadians are coming! The Neevadians are coming! Those that shoot over in Ridgecrest may know of the Sheep Dip tank they have in place for Nevadians over there, we have no such facilities at Chorro Valley, just to let you know.

I am already flea and tick free!

I think we are going to be there August 31 thru September 8th. Trish wants to take advantage of that extra holiday on Monday for a vacation day. We're hauling our Harley trike and going to enjoy the wineries and antique shops at the same time. When are your club matches? Too lazy to look it up right now....... ;-)

Our monthly match will be Sunday the 8th.

Fillmore

OOPS!!!!!!!!

Filmore,

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang!! Who can tell me about the long range event?

I need to know which rifle to bring!

Jasper

It'll be good to see you ruffians again.

I think one-time SASS World Champion, Callahan is heading the Long Range event again. I only know there's Pistol caliber, Rifle caliber, Single shot... not sure of the exact distances 'tho. I do know in years past, the long range event was the main reason for some folks attendance. Sun at your back, no wind in the early morning, etc.

Fillmore

It'll be good to see you ruffians again.

I think one-time SASS World Champion, Callahan is heading the Long Range event again. I only know there's Pistol caliber, Rifle caliber, Single shot... not sure of the exact distances 'tho. I do know in years past, the long range event was the main reason for some folks attendance. Sun at your back, no wind in the early morning, etc.

Fillmore

Oh no, not Callahan!!

I believe the round target at about 400 yrds is 36" or so. We also have smaller targets at 100 and 150 yrds. Bring all your long range guns! I have not talked to Callahan about what/how long range will be shot though.

It all begins, 1 week from today.

Fillmore

But....but....but I'm not ready! I better get to work!

I'm not ready either. Good thing I don't have to be this year. Just show up, hang some lanterns and guide a posse.

Fillmore

I believe the round target at about 400 yrds is 36" or so. We also have smaller targets at 100 and 150 yrds. Bring all your long range guns! I have not talked to Callahan about what/how long range will be shot though.

Mad Dog,

Thanks I will!!

Jasper

T.L. and I are attending. We really are looking forward to the shoot but to see all our old friends in California, Planning on arriving a day early to get use to the cool weather. Do they still have dancing and party into the night? I sure hope so and there isn't much dance here in Utah.

T.L. and I are attending. We really are looking forward to the shoot but to see all our old friends in California, Planning on arriving a day early to get use to the cool weather. Do they still have dancing and party into the night? I sure hope so and there isn't much dance here in Utah.

Dixie, we will have a good local cowboy band and have been threatened that if there not more interest in dancing this year next year we might have a DJ. So, dance til the cows come home.

Fillmore

Yeah.....Now put Frisco on your dance card. Cicada

Hey WJ... would you mind going down to my spot and leveling it out real smooooooooth, also... while you are down there throw out a little Bug Repellent, fill in the squirrel holes, and rake the area .If you can't make it, get Mad Dog Jack to hook on to a Drag with his scooter. That ought to get it done. Gee, Thanks, I knew I could count on you! :ph34r:

Snakebite

Ditto space 45! ;)

I'm frantically trying to finish a new costume...

Forget the Costume, I say.... just come Au Natural! You will be the hit! (always are anyway) ;)

Snakebite

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

Forget the Costume, I say.... just come Au Natural! You will be the hit! (always are anyway) ;)

Snakebite

Well that's okay for Allie Mo but please Snakebite, keep your clothes on

Hey WJ... would you mind going down to my spot and leveling it out real smooooooooth, also... while you are down there throw out a little Bug Repellent, fill in the squirrel holes, and rake the area .If you can't make it, get Mad Dog Jack to hook on to a Drag with his scooter. That ought to get it done. Gee, Thanks, I knew I could count on you! :ph34r:

Snakebite

I have LOTS of spare Ballistol, I'll spray your site down JUST before you get there. And ditto what cousin Jack said about the clothes....did I hear something about black, leather, and whips?

Lookin' Forward ta' seein' Y'All Very Soon !!!!!

Yee Haw !!!

:)

+1

Fillmore

I got a question from a camper at the Western Regional about the ability to fill up their water tanks once they got here.

Our Range has limited infrastructure. We have a well but it has limited supply. It would be best to fill your camper water tanks before you get here. This will also ensure the quality of your water for drinking.

Also, we do have some camping spots with electricity. Again tho', it is limited. It will not support air conditioners, not that you'll be needing A/C. The daytime temperature will likely be in the mid 70's. Use your generators if you need A/C OR in the morning when everyone is making coffee and using hair dryers. Our electrical supply should be able to handle everything else.

Additionally, we have a brand new shower building for those that don't have that luxury in their camp set-up. It is right in the middle of town near our clubhouse. It has one stall but can accommodate a couple if necessary.

Fillmore

I got a question from a camper at the Western Regional about the ability to fill up their water tanks once they got here.

Our Range has limited infrastructure. We have a well but it has limited supply. It would be best to fill your camper water tanks before you get here. This will also ensure the quality of your water for drinking.

Also, we do have some camping spots with electricity. Again tho', it is limited. It will not support air conditioners, not that you'll be needing A/C. The daytime temperature will likely be in the mid 70's. Use your generators if you need A/C OR in the morning when everyone is making coffee and using hair dryers. Our electrical supply should be able to handle everything else.

Additionally, we have a brand new shower building for those that don't have that luxury in their camp set-up. It is right in the middle of town near our clubhouse. It has one stall but can accommodate a couple if necessary.

Fillmore

We have to take showers?

We have to take showers?

Yes. YOU do.

I am out here and today was a sunny 65 at the range. Almost cold sitting in the shade.....

Archived