SASS Wire Forum

What would you do?

Match DQ. .....unless he changes clothes and shoots under the alias Time Jumper or Beeper Creeper. That should larn him. ;)

I've heard of Creature Feature (with Dr. Paul Bearer) but never Beeper Creeper.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno for sure but it seems our timers are set to use the random 1 to 3 second beep start. Never worried about it, being a bottom half shooter. If the timer is set so that it goes off as soon as the TO removes his thumb and he does so almost immediately consistEntly then you will start to get some "creep" like Stump says. Sometimes it is only a microsecond and does not rise to the level of a re-start but it is there. So long as the beep comes within the one to three second window and no one is able to get into a rhythmn I cannot see where there can be any grounds for complaint.

Oh, and port arms with either long gun is a perfectly fine starting position.

I dunno for sure but it seems our timers are set to use the random 1 to 3 second beep start. Never worried about it, being a bottom half shooter. If the timer is set so that it goes off as soon as the TO removes his thumb and he does so almost immediately consistEntly then you will start to get some "creep" like Stump says. Sometimes it is only a microsecond and does not rise to the level of a re-start but it is there. So long as the beep comes within the one to three second window and no one is able to get into a rhythmn I cannot see where there can be any grounds for complaint.

Oh, and port arms with either long gun is a perfectly fine starting position.

Dang, that dead horse is still kickin!!! :lol::lol: :lol:

Page 12 ROI "It's better the shooters are comfortable and given the courtesy of a starting rhythm. We are not trying to surprise them with the start signal."

:o:o

well I think we all agree as far as the beep jumper 1st time warning 2nd time hang em !!

But as far as the 1-3 sec. rule ?? There is no RULE just a suggestion from SASS much like target size/distance

Shooterreadystandbybeep. :lol:

I can hardly wait to run the timer for ya Cheyenne!! :lol: Rye

Burt, there are times when there's shooters up there that are NEVER gonna win and don't even try to win. Also there are new shooters who are nervous, these are examples of shooters I would let go if they beat the beep. I would also make sure I told them about it and that they could get called on that next time. If it's a "gamer" and he likes to "push the envelope" than that's a different story, I thought I was clear about that. We're good, no feelings hurt here.

:) Rye

Archived