SASS Wire Forum

OM Vaqueros and Fox Sterlingworth s x s's

Manatee

Some of you may know that I've had some heart problems since this summer. It doesn't look like I'll be returning to cowboy shooting and I've discontinued all gunsmithing services and sales in the cowboy marketplace. My hands are not stable enough to work and, frankly, after 10 years of gunsmithing, I'm tired of it.

I've had some healthy medical bills, as one might imagine, from the stent operations and I need to raise some cash. Accordingly, I've got the following firearms for sale:

Pair, OM Ruger Vaqueros, blued, 4 5/8" bbls, .357 magnum. Super blackhawk hammers, Jimmy Spurs spring kits. Rosewood grips, steel frames, cylinders have been buffed down to bare metal (in the white), rear sight notch widened. I've used these guns for a number of years and they were used by a fast-draw shooter before me. They are nice and smooth and hit what you aim at. $925 to your FFL.

I've got 2 Sterlingworth 12 gauge shotguns. These are Philadephia Fox guns and not the later iterations after the company was sold. Good shooters. One is 24" and still has quite a bit of case coloring left on the receiver. The stock has a stress crack that isn't too severe and I'd throw in a Boyd Bros semi-finished stock as well that I never got around to fitting and finishing. The other is 22 1/2" bbls. Both are classic s x s and put anything in the present market in second place because a modern s x s just doesn't have the history. I'd like $500 each for the shotguns.

I'll also have a lot of parts and tools available in the future, but don't have time to go through it all at present. Too many doctor visits.

I don't have pictures today, but you can call me at 317-640-0172 and stop by and look at them, or I'll try to get pics later in the week when I get back from doc visits.

Thanks for looking.

hey manatee, i need 2 bolts for 97 winchester, complete or bare, just so they are in good shape. let me know, Bo i got to shoot with leadville and hell razor last month in fresno, good times

hey manatee, i need 2 bolts for 97 winchester, complete or bare, just so they are in good shape. let me know, Bo i got to shoot with leadville and hell razor last month in fresno, good times

Bo. I only have a 16 ga. carrier and bolt left. Sorry.

Dang sorry to hear this: I was just thinking it was time to send you my original nickel Norinco 97 and AWA Lightning for tune-ups; Remember how much you liked working on them (over & over & over) when they were new.

However, as far as parts when you have time; I do need an Uberti 73 (357 short Rifle, sr#WO51XX) firing pin extension.

Contact Info: hefleyel at sprynet.com

Best wishes for a long,bright and prosperous future.

El Concho

EdHefley Satellite Beach, Fl

Manatee, if neither of the shotguns has been spoken for, pick the one you liked the best and put my name on it.

If only one is left, I will take it.

I would be honored to have one of your shotguns.

PM your address and I will get a money order and my FFL's paper to you. If you have a fax, give it to me and I will have him fax the FFL to you.

Thanks, and you will be missed.

J-Bar

Manatee

Sorry to hear the sad news. Hope thing get better. I'm told you made the extensions for the ram on the Ruger Old Army for seating the ball? If you have a couple I would be interested. Let me know if and when you have a chance. I'm sure I and many others will be saying prayers for you. Hang in there.

Deacon Stone

Bo. I only have a 16 ga. carrier and bolt left. Sorry.

Howdy Manatee, I would be interested in the16 ga. Carrier and bolt. I'll call you n the morning.

Somehow I was thinking ye are a Vietnam Veteran. If this is not so I apologize. If it is so then you should be getting free care at the VA, no?

It is sometimes not the best of care and other times it is cutting edge and top notch. It is what it is (socialized medicine) and I for one cannot complain.

Something to look into if ye are eligible.

I am a vet Lone Dog and the Indianapolis VA provides excellent care. However, they don't cover everything unless you're "disabled". The remainder is means tested. It's been a Godsend in that regard, The amounts would have been exhorbitant under normal circumstances. As it is, most is covered. However, there are still costs that are incurred.

Understood. If you were on the ground in the Nam then ischemic heart disease has been added to the list of presumptive ailments caused by agent orange. I was stuck at 40% for diabetes and neuropathy until IHD was added and finally bumped me to 70 after two appeals.

Nothing to lose by filing for IHD as you have earned it. Of course the VA will deny it the first time or two but never give up. If I had given up after being denied I would have no rating yet. Get some help from someone who knows the system and file for anything and everything you might possibly get a rating for.

My last appeal listed 6 slam dunks for 100% (including PTSD which I had never listed before) so of course the VA is dragging their feet REAL bad this time as they know I have got 'em this time.

It takes way too much time but eventually, if you fight hard enuff and long enuff it is possible to get what is due you. That's the really sad thing: that vets have to put up with so much bs from the agency that is supposed to be helping them get what they have earned and deserve.

Good luck to ya pard.

Archived