SASS Wire Forum

Democrats

Smoken D

:rolleyes: First American Gold Medal won by American shooting a gun at 2012 Olympics :unsure:

:rolleyes: First American Gold Medal won by American shooting a gun at 2012 Olympics :unsure:

Yup, You are right ! !

"Kim Rhode" first USA Gold Medal in 2012 Olympics Game

-------------------------------

Kimberly "Kim" Susan Rhode is an American double trap and skeet shooter. A California native, she is a three-time Olympic gold medal winner and six-time national champion in double trap. She was the youngest member of the U.S. Olympic team at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. Most recently, she won a gold medal in skeet shooting at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, shooting an Olympic record 99 out of 100 clays.

Career

Born in Whittier, California, Rhode began sport hunting at an early age, traveling on African safaris by the age of 12. At 13, she won her first world championship title in women's double trap shooting. Rhode won a gold medal at the 1996 Summer Games, making her the youngest female gold medalist in the history of Olympic shooting. She later won a bronze medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia. Rhode also won a gold medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens.

After double trap shooting was eliminated from the Olympic games, she has concentrated on skeet. At the 2007 world cup competitions in Santo Domingo, she set a new final world record in this event with 98 hits (73 in the qualification round and a perfect 25 in the final). She went on to win the silver medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics in women's skeet.

Rhode is co-host of the Outdoor Channel's TV program Step Outside. Rhode studied veterinary medicine at Cal Poly Pomona.

On September 11, 2008, Rhode's competition shotgun was stolen from her pickup; she had been using it in competition for eighteen years. The gun was returned to her in January 2009 after it was discovered during an unrelated search of a parolee's home; the parolee was charged with possession of stolen property.

On July 29th at the 2012 London Olympics, Rhode won the gold medal in skeet shooting with an Olympic record score of 99, tying the world record in this event. With this medal, Rhode is the only American athlete to win medals for an individual event in five consecutive Olympics.

Y'all don't faint or fall out or something! :o

NBC, suprisingly did a short feature on Kim this evening and may have her on the late night segment!! Bob Costas actually acknowledged that it was the first gold won by an American Olympic athlete!!

:FlagAm: I guess it just couldn't be denied!! :FlagAm:

Some views I'm Democrat, some views I'm Republican....I guess that makes me an Independent.

She was interviewed on the Today show this morning. A very pleasant lady and a great ambassador for shooting sports.

Some views I'm Democrat, some views I'm Republican....I guess that makes me an Independent.

I'm never Republican or Democrat. Sometimes I'm conservative and sometimes I'm liberal though. (more the former than the latter usually) ;):lol:

I'm thinking of starting a new party.

CWCS Party - Cowboys With Common Sense

MORONS Party - Middle Of the Road On National Stuff (Needs a little work maybe) :unsure:

UYDH Party - Use Your Dang Head

Maybe I need a political advisor, or a good advertising agency. :lol:

When given the choice between the two I am not afraid of saying I'm a Republican - I am rather conservative in my views and more often than not will vote for the candidate that shares my views...and that candidate on the ticket is usually the Republican one. I have in my life voted a Democrat at times, but given the issues on religious freedom, pro-life, and the 2nd Amendment the candidate choice FOR ME, at this time, point to the Republican or Libertarian party. I vote the issues, not the party.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I have taken a number of "tests" that are intended to measure your political leanings. I have always come out "libertarian."

Don't see what being a Democrat has to do with it. I know many dem gun owners and shooters.

Probably because it's mostly the democrats that are anti-gun and are the one's that propose gun control legislation.

I have taken a number of "tests" that are intended to measure your political leanings. I have always come out "libertarian."

Here's one - my 'dot was lower area of Libertarian near Conservative.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz

Archived