SASS Wire Forum

Uh Oh! Trouble in GA!

Griff

I just shot a freat monthly match with Doc Holliday's Immortals. With borrowed guns; Marauder lent me a pair of Vaqueros and a Rossi 92, along with a Spartan double so I wouldn't be TOO out of sorts! Buck da Law, take a hint. :lol: Goody, get ready to pick yer jaw up off the floor; I was 2nd in Senior! And yes, there were more than 2 of us! I even got a paper to prove it! I ain't real sure tho', them stainLESS might just be anti- miss LESS! Maybe a more scientific study is needed!

Regardless, DHI is a club you wanna shoot with... even if it has folks like Tuco Forsyth and Uncertain Tex. :lol: There are a some real wizards at Gunfighter & Duelist... too many names & I'll claim cerebal vaporlock! Hot... did I mention the heat? But not to worry, it wad a WET heat! :ph34r: Think evaporative cooling. For July and August, I'd recommend sunglasses! Nobody warned me... when walked down to the range, I screamed, "MY EYES, MY EYES!" Shorts & hawaiian shirts mean white, hairy legs! :blush: Fun, fun bunch! I look forward to my next visit, you will too. I only had one person try to 'splain "cowboy shootin'" to me!

That there is a great Pard right there. Glad to meet you and come on back! I hope my fashion sence didn't scare you to bad, some one asked me if those were my legs or was I riding a chicken.

:lol:

It was great having you shoot with us Griff, hopefully you can come back soon and do it again!
That there is a great Pard right there. Glad to meet you and come on back! I hope my fashion sence didn't scare you to bad, some one asked me if those were my legs or was I riding a chicken.

:lol:

Oh SURE! You guys say that, but I wasn't on your posse! :P Tuco, I once dated a Playboy Bunny from N'Awleans that had hairier legs than YOU! If I'd of invested in Gillette, I'd be a rich man! :o

Twas great to meet, shoot and chat with you Griff!

Many fond memories of shootin in Texas.

Glad you survived my 92 and those Rooogers!!

Folks, Griff is an asset to any posse.

Hey GRIFF:

ifn you're ever around E.TN during a match, holler at me and I'll load you some Super Rugers and one of the best Marlins on the face of the Earth. That should really put a smile on ye face. :D

p.s. - that Marauder feller is the real deal of a super fine man. You can feel blessed to be in such fine company.

..........Widder

WH,

As I'd figured out from our many conversations on the Wire, but I suspect, no more so than yourself. I've looked and planned, plotted and schemed to get myself thru E. TN when there's a shoot going on... and it's never worked out, YET!

But, I ain't givin' up! Are you comin' to the SW Regional? If so, hope to meet, greet and shake your hand. 1st "barley pop" is on me!

Oh yea, my "WiddermAJik" is coming along nicely. The wood's almost done, then it has to go back for some machining corrections on the barrel, then I'll get the mechanics working properly, (can't wait to shoot it)! Then lastly, some pretti-fying!

Since your visit you got to know our family at DHI...and in this part of the world sometimes the family tree just doesn't have enough splits in it...so let me apoligize on behalf of my brother of another mother..Uncertain Tex..for trying to teach a man with a SASS number of 93 about Cowboy shooting...and being the only one to attempt that on your recent visit ...I love my people but he is a big toothed, rock farming, goat loving, LSU rooting,(a serious crime here) red neck baffoon of a brother...He has his social moments but he does keep it interesting and after Tuco pointed out his error to me I sat him down and gave him a talking to..he is now so embarrassed that he asked me to interceed.. In his defense he could only say that he felt you had a confused look about you and he would have thought you would be faster than Evil Roy after all that time but I explained to him that it was the Georgia sun that had the beeter of you on this day..He felt real bad about that and asked for you to forgive him and he promises to never let it happen again...unless he forgets who you are...which is entirely possible..and he would love to posse with you next time you come through..if you'll have him. I thought you could appreciate the irony of the situation after meeting him.

Take care and keep the rubber side down on that store bought diesel car you were driving...DC

LSU rooting,(a serious crime here)

Figured I'd save us all a bunch of rereading...just quoted the good part :)

Ya know Dash, I'ma thinkin' if'n you'd visit your brother from a different mother's fine establishment, the much esteemed "Uncertain Tex's Wagon Title Pawn and Burrito Emporium" you might be able to visit wif him and school him in his ways. Now as far as LSU rooting...why that's the finest part of his character. Just couldn't ask for a gooder pard than an LSU rooter :)

Figured I'd save us all a bunch of rereading...just quoted the good part :)

Ya know Dash, I'ma thinkin' if'n you'd visit your brother from a different mother's fine establishment, the much esteemed "Uncertain Tex's Wagon Title Pawn and Burrito Emporium" you might be able to visit wif him and school him in his ways. Now as far as LSU rooting...why that's the finest part of his character. Just couldn't ask for a gooder pard than an LSU rooter :)

How many LSU fans does it take to eat an armadillo? Two. One to do the eating, and one to watch for cars.

A LSU fan got a job at a sawmill. Just before lunch on his first day, he lost a finger. When asked how he lost it, he replied, “I just touched this big spinning thing here like this…Damn! There goes another one!”

How many LSU fans does it take to eat an armadillo? Two. One to do the eating, and one to watch for cars.

A LSU fan got a job at a sawmill. Just before lunch on his first day, he lost a finger. When asked how he lost it, he replied, “I just touched this big spinning thing here like this…Damn! There goes another one!”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Really? I love it.

Jake

I just shot a freat monthly match with Doc Holliday's Immortals. With borrowed guns; Marauder lent me a pair of Vaqueros and a Rossi 92, along with a Spartan double so I wouldn't be TOO out of sorts! Buck da Law, take a hint. :lol:

It looks as if I'm a bit behind as I've just discovered that I have been outdone by my pard Marauder. Griff, next time you come to Alerbammer, I'll get you a bit closer as I now have a double barrel that I can put in your grubby paws. Now it doesn't have any X-POSED hammers, but at least it ain't no stinkin' 97...and I don't have those BISLEYs anymore. Even so, I'm sure I can come up with something that will handicap that blazing speed. :rolleyes:

Now, if you don't mind a bit of friendly advice; watch out for that bunch over in Gawja. I reckon every one that spoke here could pretty easily tarnish your fine reputation, but I must offer special warning regarding a couple of them. Them brothers from a different mother, Uncertain Tex and Dash Caliber, will get you in a pile of trouble. My advice is to hang with the third brother, from yet another mother, Uncertain Caliber. He won't steer you wrong...not saying he will steer you right .

I do hope they shared (if you didn't already know) why the club is called Doc Holliday's Immortals. They don't only play, they can shoot too. :D

A LSU fan got a job at a sawmill. Just before lunch on his first day, he lost a finger. When asked how he lost it, he replied, "I just touched this big spinning thing here like this…Damn! There goes another one!"

Yeah yeah yeah....I've got hundreds of those....

Why does Bama stadium have a fence around it?

To keep the players from wandering off during the game.

Why does Bama have Astroturf on their football field?

To keep the Homecoming Queen from grazing during half-time.

We'll just have to see if Bama can field as good a football team as they had last year. They sure put a country a$ whipping on LSU last year no doubt...but this is a new year.

Now, if you don't mind a bit of friendly advice; watch out for that bunch over in Gawja. I reckon every one that spoke here could pretty easily tarnish your fine reputation, but I must offer special warning regarding a couple of them. Them brothers from a different mother, Uncertain Tex and Dash Caliber, will get you in a pile of trouble. My advice is to hang with the third brother, from yet another mother, Uncertain Caliber. He won't steer you wrong...not saying he will steer you right .

Buck, you forgot about the fourth brother from yet another mother....Dash Tex! He's a bit flashy; kind of a dude if you will. Ole Dash Tex wears bells on his spurs, a poofy feather in his hat and a special shooting sash. Well, he calls it a shooting sash anyway. I hear tell he can sell ice to Eskimos and bullets to Injuns what ain't got no guns to shoot them in. When he starts 'splainin' cowboy shootin' I reckon I'd run the other way!!

Yeah yeah yeah....I've got hundreds of those....

Why does Bama stadium have a fence around it?

To keep the players from wandering off during the game.

Why does Bama have Astroturf on their football field?

To keep the Homecoming Queen from grazing during half-time.

We'll just have to see if Bama can field as good a football team as they had last year. They sure put a country a$ whipping on LSU last year no doubt...but this is a new year.

Yep new year, new QB for the Tigers, no more head stompin Jefferson, now ya got a fine upstanding ex UGA guy! Remind me again why he left UGA? ;)

:lol::lol:

Dash,

I 'preciate the 'splainin' regarding Tex's shortcomin's. Y'all can tell 'im my confused look was partly a left-over from the way ya load them Roogers; the rest was whether that '92 Marauder foisted off on me was his "test" piece. My smilin' at the end was not me laughin' at Tex's attempt at 'splainin' cowboy shootin', but rather, now that I had Marauder at a disadvantage and unawares like, I can 'neak in a coupla my broke guns on him when he gits ta Texas. (Shhh, not to mention the BP shotshells on that 10 shotgun stage)! Tell Tex that I'd be happy to posse with 'im next time... but like I said before, he might be better off avoidin' that chore!

Buck,

Them Gawja boys out did ya in one area; don't spread it around, but they got themselves an air-conditioned clubhouse and indoor privvies! But, they ain't got nuttin' on that lil' Mex chow hall y'all took me off to! But... and it ain't nuttin' ta write home about, 'ceptin' as bein' so out of place and all, but them Jersey dolls & guys,, (coupla them good fellars seemed as tho' they coulda been "connected", given they's accents & all, so I gotta be discrete); but, by GAWD, not only do they have cowboy shootin' contests, they mosey off to a BBQ house afterwards! What serves imported beer! That'd be, imported from out west, from inside the ACTUAL United States! Nucky must be alive and well!

Now then Buck, don't feel bad 'bout them Bisleys, I went and shot wid the Dooley Gang today! Since I still ain't been home, he had me AND my boy (4-Aces, SASS# 1111, can ya figure WHERE his alias came from?), shootin' HIS Bisleys and that dad-gummed old-fashioned Chinese HAMMER shotgun of his! And just insure his top-gun placement, he switched up rifles every stage and threw down one of them accursed '97s to us oncet! So, you makin' me become acquainted with a '97 was a blessin'! However he out-did y'all... once it was his '66 Yellerboy, the next coupla times it was Honey b'Graceful's '73. Which woulda been ok; 'cept have you EVER tried leverin' a short-stroked '73 wid just yer pinkie? T'was the only finger I could fit in that wrapped up lever! And, I ain't sure if it was on purpose-like, but that stage where he pointed over at the loadin' table and said, "go load up." And layin' there was a '73, truly, I swear it was the spittin' image of Honey's '73 (if ya weren't payin' close attention), and a box of .45s. Took me THREE different shells to figure out the rifle was a .38! That'll throw ya off on the stage. Least it wasn't a .45 rifle with a box of .38s!

But, lemme tell y'all the next best news: This here A.C.E.S. program? Man, that is AB-SO-LUTE-LY the slickest thing thing since store-bought butter! I mean to tell ya; even this here California edjamicated cow-person could work the danged thing! I mean, REALLY, we had just finished shooting, the pickers were still pickin' up brass and the last shooter still emptin' his sixguns when the scores were announced! Now, don't go to hackin' off yer fingers and toes just yet... I'm here to tell ya... I finished in the top TEN! Honey said the final scores were on the web-site, but I couldn't find 'em... so just trust me on this'un! I'll tell ya, you Alerbamer and Gawja boys gonna be flabbergasted... and it won't be from the beans!

Now for the bestest stuff: If you're gonna be at the Southwest Regional come November, in good ol' English, TX (Red River County, that is), you're gonna see a bunch of cow-persons turnin' blue waitin' on them to draw for the winner of the "Tough 'Nough ta Drive Pink" cart drawing! Somebody's face gonna be shinin' like the sun and whole passel of folks gonna be green with envy!

Well first off don't believe anything that bible thumping laypastor dandy Dash says as he doesn't even drink...Dash??? Sounds like one of those yahoo piano players at a New Orleans brothel....he ain't my brother....just cause they got my handle wrong down at SASS and substituted my previous address is no reason to discriminate against me.

Secondly I did apoligise but I can't help myself as I am socially challenged by being half Cajun and half Texan making me completely held in contempt on this side of the Mississippi as a lower form of life .....and by some out New Mexico way due to that incident..that wasn't my fault either

and Finally...I'm dang proud of my Burrito's...

Dash keeps this up I'm going to steal his change purse and buy me a registration to the Southwest Regional and get away from all this prissy belly achin..

I'm trying to stay off the wire...and out of Texas...and away from my ex wives... Guess I gonna have to go see Buck and Suga' I haven't been there yet. Maybe I can find, rent or buy a friend there. Dang sash wearing loudmouth!!!

Secondly I did apoligise but I can't help myself as I am socially challenged by being half Cajun and half Texan making me completely held in contempt on this side of the Mississippi as a lower form of life .....and by some out New Mexico way due to that incident..that wasn't my fault either

Well, you do have the one redeeming quality...being half Cajun and all :)

Put a little Louisiana hot sauce on that burrito when you bring it out to the next shoot and I'll have that last pawn payment on ma wagon, brang the title :)

Archived