SASS Wire Forum

Jailbird #48305 in Gunfighter Heaven

Huckleberry

Jailbird was one of the most unique people I have ever known. He had a knack for helping new shooters and was always in the Gunfighter catigory. We were shooting pards since the mid `80s. Jailbird loved the alias in that he dressed in a white and black striped outfit most of the time.

If you think the Jailbird outfit was hard to walk into McDonalds after a shoot with him wearing, how about the day we hit the streets after the halloween shoot with him wearing that COW outfit! It was a Holstein cow costume with utters and horns and a tail with his full beard, that he once got stuck in his `97, anyways...Get it.... a COWboy. I use to say to folks.... we were with the Circus or Rodeo.

I will miss the Bird. RIP

Maybe this picture link will work.... it's a video

My link

Huck, your pic link doesn't work. I remember him in that jail suit when I met him for the first time at Hang Em High. He also made some sweet bullets for the 32's Prayers are up for him.

Thinking this link might work...

http://www.blackarts...dcf9e#h16adcf9e

And yes he will be missed...

For those in our area there will be a memorial service at the McHenry Moose Lodge on Saturday June 24th from Noon to 4PM.

(On the west side of Rt. 31 just south of Johnsburg Rd.)

The password is goodguys

I had the pleasure of shooting with Jailbird a number of times. I know I'll miss him. He helped lots of new shooters, so his heritage will carry on. RIP Jailbird.

Thanks for posting this thread Huck.

DD-MDA

Prayers up for his family and friends.

I've known Jailbird for over 30+ years; we always competed against one another in various shooting disciplines. Whenever the word "character" is used he will always come to mind. We had a lot of good times together; he'll be missed.

Guest jeweler jim

The password is goodguys

Thanks for the assist Bandit. I thought that it let you in without it. Wrong as usual and I corrected the date to the "23rd"

Prayers up.

Jerry was a great guy. I had the fortune to call him friend...

Thinking this link might work...

http://www.blackarts...dcf9e#h16adcf9e

And yes he will be missed...

For those in our area there will be a memorial service at the McHenry Moose Lodge on Saturday June 23rd from Noon to 4PM.

(On the west side of Rt. 31 just south of Johnsburg Rd.)

I'll be there...

I didn't know him. However as part of the SASS family he will be missed... Prayers up

GG

Gunner, he was one warped individual. You would have liked him...

Heart as big as all outdoors...

Guest jeweler jim

Gunner, he was one warped individual. You would have liked him...

Heart as big as all outdoors...

Yep, that kinda defines him. "Bird" took my kids under his wing when they started SASS and I was forever he his debt for his encouragement and ongoing mentoring with them.

We would also spend some time swapping stories in his basement on some occasions when I'd be buying bullets from him.

For some reason this one bothers me more than most, perhaps because I might be considered as warped as he was without his many talents. "Birds of a feather..."

Yep, that kinda defines him. "Bird" took my kids under his wing when they started SASS and I was forever he his debt for his encouragement and ongoing mentoring with them.

We would also spend some time swapping stories in his basement on some occasions when I'd be buying bullets from him.

For some reason this one bothers me more than most, perhaps because I might be considered as warped as he was without his many talents. "Birds of a feather..."

Amen!

That's a tough one. If I had to pick someone to posse with, Bird would be top of the list. I remember him standing on the gallows at Hang Em High. Great picture. All I can think of is what he echoed when we saw him coming-- --- - " DA BIRD"

Prayers up !

RIP Pard .

Prayers to all......sorry I never had a chance to meet him. Looks like a pretty fun guy.

TT

Archived