SASS Wire Forum

Small iinvestment pays off

Two Spurs

Just had to share this cool thing. A pard was selling a couple of things and I couldn't resist: a signed Coyote Cap '97 with only a box or two run through it and a slicked up Stoeger SxS. Now comes the fun part- ^_^

Some years back when interested in coins I had the opportunity to invest a few bucks into some silver bars. Rat holed them till now and as it turns out had just enough for pay for the shotguns..........

Total investment.......

$128. :D

I realize it's a mind game but what the heck. Not a bad deal when you squint your eyes. B) Wished I'd only had more at the time..... :lol:

Ever have something like this fall your way?

Guest jeweler jim

Yes it's a good thing when ya sometimes find yourself on the winning side of things. A little over a year ago my partner and I cashed out a bunch at the extreme high and this was a UNIQUE experience (not the powder). The only time in my life that I've ever been on the right side of a trade like that. Have since got back in for a bunch between 27 and 30 an oz. Belive the white metal will again run up and we have the time to watch and play while buying and selling the yellow metal.

It does give you the "warm fuzzies" when you find yourself on the right side of a trade.

As an old auction rat I have hit a few home runs and a handful of grand slams. An old radio for $15 went for $400 and change, and a $5 baseball bat for over $100..... Makes up for the times ya pay too much...

Yeah- trying to shed the motto of "buy high, sell low"! :lol:

Found a Garcia Ambassaduer 5000 on Craig's list sorta by accident and bought it for $45, about the going rate for one. This one had the leather box and wrench and lube set, which made it a little more desireable. When I got it, it was an Ambassaduer Record, the precursor to the latter, and wound up selling it to a Japanese collector for $450.00. That don't happen often for me....

Sort of. Went to an auction last fall and picked up a Mec 9000 progressive in 12 gauge. They also had a 6" table and they auctioned off everything that was on it and under it. Worked out about $325 total. There was so much stuff that I filled the car to the brim and rode kind of low going home. Got home and emptied the car in about 14 trips. Part of the table lot was what appeared to half bags of birdshot taped shut. I grabbed one of the bags and it didn't feel right, felt like washers. Said a couple of bad words and opened the bag and it was loose change. There was about 3-4 bags of loose change that came to $250. Sold some of the stuff and made up the what I had spent. So for $0 I got the following: a Mec 9000 progressive, 1000 each of 9mm & 45 acp heads, about 20 pounds of birdshot, a couple of hundred 45-70 heads, about 400 30-06 heads, 30-40 plastic ammo boxes, more 12g wads then I'll ever use in my life and probably some more stuff I forgot about.

Yep, my best deal was traded a parts gun 1911 that i paid $200 for a American Eagle luger. That a guy gave me $1,800 for! Best deal i will ever have!

My dad bought a wall clock for $5 at an auction in 1970 and I sold it three days ago for $750.

CLOCK

I've only seen one other, and have heard of a third one. The original Kessler brewery was in business here from 1865-1958, excepting the prohibition years from 1919-1933.

About three years ago I bought some stock for the first time ever!! A local paper mill was going bankrupt so I bought 25,000 shares at .02 per share ($500) , probley not a good move!!! But things turned around for the mill and I sold my 25,000 shares several months later at $1.25 per share($31,250) Yep, got lucky ,I took my money , ran really fast and want try it again!!!! ;). Slick

Archived