SASS Wire Forum

Question About SWR The Article in the CC

Wyandot Jim

Hey Pards,

Here is my question. When you have a regional match like in Southwest Regional Match. Which I assume is for the Category and overall winners from NM, TX, MO, OK, LA,and AR. Seems they would be the Regional Winners. Yes I know the 1st in that category is the category winner, but not the regional winner.

If so why weren't they recognized in the article about the CAC Regional match in this months CC??

Most of the State and Regional Matches that I have been to recognize the Category winner and the State/Regional Champ. Check out the other State listings in the CC

Article listed 35 categories and there were 15 category winners outside of the SW Regional listed as the winners. Sorry this isn't right. This isn't EOT, WR or Triple Crown. This was a SWR. Sooooooooooooooo who were the SWR winners????

When the Texas 3 step started it was for Texas winners now it is for anyone from any State. Count me out on that one

Why do we call matches State and Regional if the award goes to anybody in the US???

If I don't really understand this SORRY

Wyandot

Hey Pards,

Here is my question. When you have a regional match like in Southwest Regional Match. Which I assume is for the Category and overall winners from NM, TX, MO, OK, LA,and AR. Seems they would be the Regional Winners. Yes I know the 1st in that category is the category winner, but not the regional winner.

If so why weren't they recognized in the article about the CAC Regional match in this months CC??

Most of the State and Regional Matches that I have been to recognize the Category winner and the State/Regional Champ. Check out the other State listings in the CC

Article listed 35 categories and there were 15 category winners outside of the SW Regional listed as the winners. Sorry this isn't right. This isn't EOT, WR or Triple Crown. This was a SWR. Sooooooooooooooo who were the SWR winners????

When the Texas 3 step started it was for Texas winners now it is for anyone from any State. Count me out on that one

Why do we call matches State and Regional if the award goes to anybody in the US???

If I don't really understand this SORRY

Wyandot

You would have to ask T-Bone on that, he was the Match director and signed the contact with SASS, I believe most apply the rules like you said winners are from that region, but I do believe they have the option do do other wise, like I said ask T-Bone.

KK

Scores are available here and as you can see, for overall man and lady, there are separate listings for Match and Regional winners.

As I recall from the awards presentation, the regional winners were recognized no matter if they were first in cat for the match or not.

As far as what was printed in the CC, that might be a matter of what info was available at the time the article was laid out in the paper.

Grizz

Scores are available here and as you can see, for overall man and lady, there are separate listings for Match and Regional winners.

As I recall from the awards presentation, the regional winners were recognized no matter if they were first in cat for the match or not.

As far as what was printed in the CC, that might be a matter of what info was available at the time the article was laid out in the paper.

Grizz

SOOOOOOOOOO The only ones that matter are the Two top shooters.

What a shame. I think there were a few others that wanted to be recognized as Regional winners.

Sorry I don't believe that about article laid out on paper.

They got the BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG winners correct.

WJ

Wyandot

I can't help with anything else, but it was never stated that the Texas Three Step was closed to all but Texas residents. It is a seperate scoring pool for three matches held in Texas, nothing more.

I can't help with anything else, but it was never stated that the Texas Three Step was closed to all but Texas residents. It is a seperate scoring pool for three matches held in Texas, nothing more.

Well Goody,

If I remember corretly when this was first announced it was for TEXAS only shooter to compete in for the 3 step winner. Then it was changed. Ask Colt about it. But ya got to remember I have CRS.

I had planned on shooting in it. Also had to have 5 in a catagory at all matches. Those two rules lost my intrest

+1

The Texas 3 Step was for ANYONE that signed up for it.

The did recognize the Regional Winners at the match.

And the top mens and ladys was from that area.

As for the others listed.

I have read many article in the CC. And do not ever recall them listing anything other than the

category winners. Just like was done in the one.

Have never seen them list the category winner and then State/Regional winner in the CC before that I recall.

So if you have a problem with this one. You might want to look at all the others.

Because it is pretty much done the same way.

Only listing the top dogs and category winners.

Just so happens CAC draws a LOT of out of the area shooters.

+1

The Texas 3 Step was for ANYONE that signed up for it.

The did recognize the Regional Winners at the match.

And the top mens and ladys was from that area.

As for the others listed.

I have read many article in the CC. And do not ever recall them listing anything other than the

category winners. Just like was done in the one.

Have never seen them list the category winner and then State/Regional winner in the CC before that I recall.

So if you have a problem with this one. You might want to look at all the others.

Because it is pretty much done the same way.

Only listing the top dogs and category winners.

Just so happens CAC draws a LOT of out of the area shooters.

Well Al,

I guess you don't read so very good.

Lets start with this Month's CC

Go to page 58,62,71,

I have been the winner in State matches but not the State Champ because I WAS NOT FROM THAT STATE.

Like I said the Texas 3 Step started out for TEXAS shooters. Well not that many signed up for Ft Parker so stuff was changed.

WJ

Well Goody,

If I remember corretly when this was first announced it was for TEXAS only shooter to compete in for the 3 step winner. Then it was changed. Ask Colt about it. But ya got to remember I have CRS.

I had planned on shooting in it. Also had to have 5 in a catagory at all matches. Those two rules lost my intrest

Think there was lots of things talked aobut before the rules got put into place.

As with anything new. You have to work things out.

If you did not want to shoot in it. That was up to you. I think it was a great idea that

you may see more of.

Well Al,

I guess you don't read so very good.

Lets start with this Month's CC

Go to page 58,62,71,

I have been the winner in State matches but not the State Champ because I WAS NOT FROM THAT STATE.

Like I said the Texas 3 Step started out for TEXAS shooters. Well not that many signed up for Ft Parker so stuff was changed.

WJ

Guess I don't. In fact I had not even looked at it this month except for the CAC article.

And don't recall ever have seen it listed like that before.

But I guess you are welcome to write the next one if who ever did it, did not do it to your

satisfaction.

As for the 3 Step. When I signed up, I always know it was open to anyone that signed up.

So not sure what your problem is. But atleast they had a good idea and went with it.

As with anything new. you have to work out some things. But that goes with anything new.

And like I said. As far as I know. It was always open to anyone.

Still had a entry sitting around here that I printed off right after it opened up. Don't

see anywhere that you had to be from Texas.

But you do seem to have a burr under your saddle about it. But not sure why.

But that's your problem.

If you don't want to sign up. DON'T If you don't like how someone writes an article.

Write one yourself.

The Texas 3 Step was NEVER for just Texas shooters. I know, I was there with all the planning.

Two Gun

And was one of the deciding factors for me. I knew I was going to have the chance to shoot with some interesting pards from other states and looked forward to doing so... work priorities was the only factor why I didn't get in on the first two... but I'm going to the last, even tho' I know I'm not eligible for any of the 3-step prizes (or recognition as it be). Shootin' is fun, but I can do that in the back yard, socializin'... that's the whole thing right there! Whether or not my shootin' pards like me... I like them... so they're just STUCK!

The Texas 3 Step was NEVER for just Texas shooters. I know, I was there with all the planning.

Two Gun

Hey Guys.,

I guess I was wrong.

It was my understanding at the beginning that the 3 Step was open to the US but that the winner of a category in all 3 matches had to be from Texas to be that category 3 Step Texas Champ. Same as what a Texas State Champ is all about. The Triple Crown and the 3 Step are the same then just a different name. So someone from New York City can be a Texas 3 Step Champ. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wyandot

PS A. A.

I'm sure that the Regional winners would have liked to have seen their name in the CC. Just the thing to do. If you go to the trouble to do an article do it right. That was a very good article by the way.

Two Gun

Like Johnnie said, I was there for a couple of the early discussions and have an original copy of the application around here somewhere. It was to be open to all.

The U.S. Open is a free standing match that is open to all, but is not a series of matches with compiled scoring. That would be the Triple Crown.

Sadly I had to choose between the Texas 3 Step and the Triple Crown 'cause I couldn't make the schedule work out. Like Al said, the organisers of these and the Open should be applauded enthusiasticaly for stepping up and trying to promote CAS the way they have!!

To start off with Jim ,,I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding in any way..... If You will call me I can explain things and how they where designed to work out.. We do not call out all the winners from every state and region because the awards ceremony would last about three hours... And after a long weekend of shooting cowboys are ready to go home.....Thanks for pointing the deficiencies in the article and we will try to change our layout structure.. Hopefully we will see You at the SWR this year..... T-Bone

Dang T-Bone !!! :FlagAm::) With a well scripted reply like that,,,,Heck Fire !!!!!

$$$ RUN FOR PRESIDENT!!!! :FlagAm::D:D

I think your a shu-in!

Oklahoma Dee

To start off with Jim ,,I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding in any way..... If You will call me I can explain things and how they where designed to work out.. We do not call out all the winners from every state and region because the awards ceremony would last about three hours... And after a long weekend of shooting cowboys are ready to go home.....Thanks for pointing the deficiencies in the article and we will try to change our layout structure.. Hopefully we will see You at the SWR this year..... T-Bone

T-Bone,

Thanks for your reply. Yea I understand about the time required and agree.

I had a GREAT time there last year, which was my first time at CAC. I'm very proud to wear the buckle from your match. Wish ya were a little closer to me.

Thanks,

Jim

Archived