SASS Wire Forum

Gloves

40Chev

What constitutes a "modern shooting glove" which is outlawed for use?

Is it the ones with the fingers cut off - is it the material they are made from?

I'm not looking for any competitive advantage - in fact in my mind a glove is going to get in the way but I need to do something to block the sun and causing more damage on the backs of my hand.

Thanks

Is it the ones with the fingers cut off - is it the material they are made from?

I'm not looking for any competitive advantage - in fact in my mind a glove is going to get in the way but I need to do something to block the sun and causing more damage on the backs of my hand.

Thanks

A "modern shooting glove" is one that is padded to provide control and give recoil protection to the palm and/or thumb web area.

Fingerless gloves are OK.

"Nylon, plastic or Velcro" materials are OUTLAWED.

Ref: SHB p.24 / RO1 p.26

git ya some thin, tight, calf or doe skin gloves with or without fingers. If it was me, (and I have got some spots the docs have eyeballed and one taken off on the backs of my6 hands) I'd probably cut em to look like biker gloves but having full, natural backs, no snaps or straps.

git ya some thin, tight, calf or doe skin gloves with or without fingers. If it was me, (and I have got some spots the docs have eyeballed and one taken off on the backs of my6 hands) I'd probably cut em to look like biker gloves but having full, natural backs, no snaps or straps.

+1 for the thin, tight, calf or doe skin gloves. I found that deer skin ropers work really well in the chilly weather. Elk is too thick. The trick is finding tight ones that will not hinder gun handling.

Simple solution. Wear whatever you want but remove them when you are shooting. If someone's hands can't take the sun for the less than one minute it tales to shoot a stage gloves ain't gonna cure the problem.

Simple solution. Wear whatever you want but remove them when you are shooting. If someone's hands can't take the sun for the less than one minute it tales to shoot a stage gloves ain't gonna cure the problem.

+1

Or just keep your hands in your pockets until the buzzer goes off. Then after you finish shooting, they go right back into the pockets. Just trying to help. :)

40 we used to shoot with a pard who had a real bad allergy to the sun so much so that his normal attire was the sunblock style shirts, pants, hat etc. He also wore the same type of gloves all the time. Protecting your skin is more important than being period correct.

AJ

You know why us 'biker' types started cutting off the fingers of gloves those many moons ago?

Makes it easier to pick our nose while riding our choppers. :lol:

Tull

Thanks

These work well for me ... easy to load and un-load without removing: D310 smooth

SC

Thanks

These work well for me ... easy to load and un-load without removing: D310 smooth

SC

those are the ones that i used for a season. they're basically body search gloves, tight, but don't get in the way of not being able to properly feel the trigger.

.... If someone's hands can't take the sun for the less than one minute it tales to shoot a stage ....

Speak for yourself! :blush:

Archived