SASS Wire Forum

another reason the people in this game are great

Gawd Awful

I was at winter range and had the chance to meet many top shooters and all of them where nice, friendly, and more than welcome to let me pick there brains on technique. Then at the end of the day I was watching a posse with Lead Dispencer and Evil Roy to see if I could learn anything. When the shooting was all over I watched Lead Dispencer Take time to teach a younger shooter the best way to pull 4 and load a 97 over the top, with Evil Roy right there helping. I have not yet met a single SASS Shooter who was "to good" to talk to other people, and many good shooters have helped me along the way, but it was just cool to watch 2 Champion shooters take the time helping other shooters learn. It really impressed me the way those 2 Great shooters were taking the time to help another Shooter. My hat is off to both men, as well as so many other great shooters I have seen take the time to teach and encourage other shooters.

Lassiter, Duece, Short Tom, Two Sons, Max Montana, Doc Molar, Colt Mc Callister, Montana Longhair are just some of the top shooters I've been lucky to shoot with on a regular basis.....these people are at the top of their game and yet are so down to earth that they would help anyone and would give advice.

Doc Eells, Widder, Sante Fe River Stan, Dang it Dan, Delta and others that I don't see as often are just as generous in their own way with their time and energy. This is a sport where egos ocassionally emerge, but for the most part are kept in check.

God, I love this sport and like most of you.....I just love the people.

KK

+1 for the people KK.

I was at winter range and had the chance to meet many top shooters and all of them where nice, friendly, and more than welcome to let me pick there brains on technique. Then at the end of the day I was watching a posse with Lead Dispencer and Evil Roy to see if I could learn anything. When the shooting was all over I watched Lead Dispencer Take time to teach a younger shooter the best way to pull 4 and load a 97 over the top, with Evil Roy right there helping. I have not yet met a single SASS Shooter who was "to good" to talk to other people, and many good shooters have helped me along the way, but it was just cool to watch 2 Champion shooters take the time helping other shooters learn. It really impressed me the way those 2 Great shooters were taking the time to help another Shooter. My hat is off to both men, as well as so many other great shooters I have seen take the time to teach and encourage other shooters.

How are you shooting, G.A.? This is your first WR -- hope you're having a blast... literally. I see Rick O'Shea won the Quigley side match. Not bad for a Senior.

If you ever get a chance to shoot or get some hints from the Dooley guys you will be blown away.

Come to the US Open and Im sure they will have a free shooting school again this year.

They gave me two tips that really helped me out a LOT.

How are you shooting, G.A.? This is your first WR -- hope you're having a blast... literally. I see Rick O'Shea won the Quigley side match. Not bad for a Senior.

I'm shooting slow, and Avoiding the train wreck so far, but I am having a Blast and meeting some great people B)

If you ever get a chance to shoot or get some hints from the Dooley guys you will be blown away.

Come to the US Open and Im sure they will have a free shooting school again this year.

They gave me two tips that really helped me out a LOT.

Took a class at GOA a few years ago from T Bone, Cheatum and Ringo....great class from great shooters and ambassodors for our sport. If you haven't taken a class and are a new or seasoned shooter....you will benefit.

I am not a top shooter

however

I doo the same

"help others" B)

You're a lot better shooter than you give yourself credit being.I've had the pleasure to shoot with you at 2 shoots last year.1st time was at Penny's range and 2nd the Dam Site shoot.Was also a witness in you're helping other shooters.Keep up the good work Mike.See you again at the Dam Site if we don't get snowed in.

Hi Folks,

My first memory of a top shooter helping was at the first Western States. I was pretty green as were some of the other ladies on the posse. One lady was a fantastic shooter. None of us could compare to her. After the match, she told us we needed to work on our shotguns and that she would help us if we'd like to stick around a while. She proceded to give us a class. What a kind lady!

That lady was Dixie Bell!

Regards,

Allie Mo

I have been fortunate to have met and shot with most of the top shooters. I have taken classes from the late China Camp and Lead Dispencer, T-Bone Dooley and Nuttin Graceful. I have shot with Lead Dispencer for the past 10 years. I am so priveledged to call Nuttin Graceful, Lead Dispencer, Long Hunter, Fredrick Jackson Turner, Lassiter, Max Montana, JT Wild, Evil Roy, Holy Terror,and many many more of the top shooters friends, they are the very best people I have ever met; each and every one of them will stop and help anyone if asked. This is the most wonderful family in the world, and I am proud and very fortuante to be a part of it.

Red HayMaker

I am not a top shooter

however

I doo the same

"help others" B)

Weelll , if'n you say so , but if I recollect right you have placed at EOT in several different categories. I have posseed with you in the past , also. Yer a stand-up pard in my book. Plus being a movie star. :lol:

Keep 'em smokin' , Rex :D

I learned not to do it with the stupid Winchester bulk box from Walmart..,, I think I dropped a full box worth over the course of the match :-). Otherwise they were teaching him the same thing Loden taught me. :-). It was just cool to see

Yup - they be good folks - don't know many of 'em but to add my $.02, Deuce Stevens is definately one that is supporting new shooters and advancing the game (hope he is doing well at WR too). Of course, they don't give out 'Regulator' badges like candy :lol:

Wishing you the best GA ~ have fun and hit them dern targets...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived