SASS Wire Forum

NC State Match !

Hugh Damwright

Hugh, thanks for weighing in on the Outlaw thread. If you did not see the post, NC State will offer Outlaw if we can get 5 of us to attend. I for one will be there either way but is sure is fun to have company

Who else is interested in playing cowboy with me at Swearing Creek?

Tombstone,

if this year is anything like last year, you'll think you're in OUTLAW HEAVEN when you see those pistol targets.....a Gunfighters dream.

I went in 2011 and this match, the setup, AND the hospitality was as good as ANY match I've attended. I've already told everyone that I plan to make this one again in 2012.

I hope you get your 5 OUTLAWS cause they will love it.

..........Widder

Thanks for the kind words of the match Widder. You gonna bring the Korupt one and the geisha girls this year ??

As Widder said, we ain't ashamed to shoot 'em big and close !

Howdy Hugh.

The Korupt one is in great demand. He's plannin to make the match at RockCastle at the end of May so I DOUBT he will make another trip down South the next weekend for the NC State.

He's a busy man.

The Geisha twins will probably show up for a 'token' visit just to say 'HI WAY' to 'you know who'. They're (Kadisha and Ashia) are scheduled to attend and be honorary judges at the annual Georgia tractor pull and pickle eating contest this year. So they won't hang around very long.....just long enough to see 'Way'.

Catch ya later.

..........Widder

Thanks for the kind words of the match Widder. You gonna bring the Korupt one and the geisha girls this year ??

As Widder said, we ain't ashamed to shoot 'em big and close !

Hugh, Would love to come to the shoot as I've heard only good things about it. I'll have to see how the workload stacks up this spring. As far as the Gesha Twins, they are working awful hard at the massage palor and Widder is constantly dragging them away. I started a college fund for them so they could get their masters in massage therapy or somethin like that.

KK

Printed out and ready to go.

This is a great match. If you have never been, you should come. Jack writes fun fast stages, the people are real friendly, the props are great and we have a big party with lots of dancing on Sat. night. These guys work very hard so we can have a great time.

Thank you for all you do.

Sixgun Sallie :)

Printed the application yesterday. If you haven't been to this shoot you are missing one of the best in the Southeastern part of the country.

Lucky B)

Make sure if you are coming to the Black Powder match or the Wild Bunch side match, you fill out the application for each. They each have their own, in order for us to better organize.

state and BP apps filled out and mailed with gold dust!

Agree, one GREAT match and for me its going to be 3 full days of shooting!

Uprising @ swearing creek is always fun. Big & Close, no P traps, nice props and ambiance, great folks, lovely weather (well most of the time)...and dont forget the bolognia sandwitches (yes, i still cant spell a lick)...

Whooo Hoooo

I forgot about the Bologna sandwich!

Lucky B)

I don't believe you guys forgot the baloney sammiges ! You were just in denial because you have to wait until June to have one !!

• 4 months later...

I don't believe you guys forgot the baloney sammiges ! You were just in denial because you have to wait until June to have one !!

Well I had my 1st 2 Bologna materpieces of world infamy. They were tasty!

I started attending this shoot in 2008 and have returned every year except last year while we were out west. In my opinion, this ranks right up there with any of the several higher level matches I have attended. I must admit that I preferred NOV, instead of Jun as that part of the country is extremely beautiful that time of year and the weather is nearly always perfect for shooting. Still fun in Jun though as same folks are involved. Had to leave early and missed the awards ...

What happened to Wirenut this year? Tell that boy I missed em.

Thanks JMB, CJ, and all the host of others that work so hard to put this on. If you have never been, ya need to rethink the calendar for next year ... you won't regret it!

All you cowboys and cowgirls who had anything to do with putting this match together,

TAKE A BOW, IT WAS GREAT.

From the baloney sandwiches to the well written stages to the hugh pistol targets to the black powder friendly atmosphere, it was all FIRST CLASS.

If you missed it, you missed a good 'un.

Lucky B)

As a side note, it was reported by a reliable source that Wed Wiver Wrey :wub: met secretly with one of the Gheisha twins at a local resturant and the meeting was actually documented.

And the Winner is! Marshal Harland Wolf...heard of him? :rolleyes:

And the ladies winner was: Killem All Kate

JM

That guy again?! And now Ray, you know how I feel shooting against Santa Fe River Stan.

Well, Spencer is a friend of mine and a more deserving cowboy you'll never find. Congrats!!

Yup, you guys are a class act. The NC state shoot is one of my absolute favorites and that bologna sandwich is hard to beat! Sorry Ali & I could not stay for the banquet and awards, we had a sick daughter at home that needed some help with the baby ... That has to come first, but I missed saying goodbye to all my great NC pards.

Really enjoyed shooting the BP match with Royal Barnes, we both kind of stunk it up but we had fun doing it. He also toughed out the WB match as I did, but he had shot 10 stages the day before. He and I both were dragging after the WB match ... and I had a little trouble staying motivated. It might be nice to squeeze 30 to 45 min between those two, if possible. Maybe start the BP match a little earlier or something. Just a thought ... I really liked shooting 6 stages for the BP match though ... please keep that up. Also, just something I saw at western state match, they did not have a Plainsman side match but allowed Plainsman as a BP category with a reduced amount of rifle rounds. I know CJ likes Plainsman, so maybe it is worth considering.

Anyhoo, thanks again to all you NC clubs that work so hard to put on a fine match! Hopefully, next year we'll be able to stay for the socializing.

Great run match again. Thanks to the NC cowboys and cowgirls that worked for months getting this together. Everyone that I heard said that that they had a very good and safe time.

The ubershooters (MHW, WWW, Three Cut, Kill'em All Kate and others) really shoot in a different league, but I noticed that only 8 seconds per stage separated the shooters that ranked from #30 to #100. To me that means good shooting and good stages.

Congratulations to NCCI for doing a bang up job (pun intended,lol) putting on another great match. The stages were fast, fun and well written. The stories about the folks in Swearing Creek were great. Murphy was very happy to make it into the book. He thinks he is famous, now. :)

A great big thank you to the all the board members for all their time and hard work, to ONSP for the use of steel and props, and all the volunteers that helped to make this match a success. Ya'll did a great job.

Congratulations to Killem all Kate and Marshall Harland Wolf for the top lady and man honors.

To Kate and RRR for the shoot off wins.

To Loco Linda for being crowned the NC Cowgirl Queen. You are one classy lady.

To all the category and State winners.

Can't wait to see what they cook up for next year.

See you there.

Sixgun Sallie :)

Just a fantastic match and great people and friends. Lady T and I already plan to be there next year.

Thanks for everything. :)

Archived