SASS Wire Forum

St Jude's Charity Shoot

Cowboy Rick, SASS #49739L

Just sent the application for CR & Dimpled Darlin'. Do NOT want to miss the fun, camaraderie, and purposefulness of this great match. This is an opportunity to help raise some serious money for St Jude's Children's Hospital. Every penny goes to the kids. Last year we hit $40,000 again. Does that ever feel GOOD! Fills up fast - best get to it :D

CR

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey CR,

I have my appt. complete except for the category. Now given that this shoot takes place after the Indiana Black Powder Champeenship and I'll more than likely be seeking some sort of revenge....I better pick FCGF. Oh, Cowboy Rick, do try to do something about the rain this year!

Spittoon

Hey CR,

I have my appt. complete except for the category. Now given that this shoot takes place after the Indiana Black Powder Champeenship and I'll more than likely be seeking some sort of revenge....I better pick FCGF. Oh, Cowboy Rick, do try to do something about the rain this year!

Spittoon

I'm waiting to see what BP category you pick so I can shoot agin ya. The rain is under control - weather will be nice this year on Sunday. If we'd waited 2 hours, we'd a had the best shootin' day all year!

One of us will be lookin' ta settle a score :P

CR

My application is on the way. I'll be there with some really killer 12 gauge loads...... Look at my avatar.... That's fire, not smoke....

Is this the shoot that is 12 stages over 2 days at two great clubs with 200 great Pards and raised $40,000 for St Jude's Children's Hospital each of the last two years? And it has a party Friday and Saturday nights, and you can buy raffle tickets for great stuff, and the entry fee is only $20.00? ;)

Is this the shoot that is 12 stages over 2 days at two great clubs with 200 great Pards and raised $40,000 for St Jude's Children's Hospital each of the last two years? And it has a party Friday and Saturday nights, and you can buy raffle tickets for great stuff, and the entry fee is only $20.00? ;)

dat's da one....

My application is on the way. I'll be there with some really killer 12 gauge loads...... Look at my avatar.... That's fire, not smoke....

Sergeant, I like your style, what category are you shooting?

Spittoon

Sergeant, I like your style, what category are you shooting?

Spittoon

Since we lost Triggerlock, Sarge is the only guy I know who can fit 1/2lb FFg Goex into a 38 spl case!

Harry, I'm taking 52 weeks of vacation..........lol

the Kaskaskia Cowboys just voted to donate $300 to sponsor a stage at your St. Jude's shoot. Rufus Basset will deliver the gold dust.

Good Luck, wish I could be there too.

Wagonmaster Ward

A big THANKS to the Kaskaskia Cowboys (and all the other great folks) who have sponsored a stage this year. I think we have 11 of the 12 sold already - but not to worry, if you can't get in on a stage sponsorship, you can always honor the great cowboys listed on our main match page!!

We (and the kids) appreciate all you great folks more than you could possibly know - you make this shoot an awesome event every year!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Mine was sent out last week...

I received the stage sponsorship check from the Kaskaskia Cowboys in the mail yesterday - thank you again, very very much!!!!

We are up to 96 entries right now - a little down from last year - come on everybody out there, let's get this thing sold out (200 shooters) by the end of the month. The kids need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

My application finally made it. It took the USPS about 10 days to get it there but I am breathing more relaxed now. I wouldn't miss this shoot for anything....

My application finally made it. It took the USPS about 10 days to get it there but I am breathing more relaxed now. I wouldn't miss this shoot for anything....

Would not be the same without you, Sarge! Looking forward to another great one.

CR

The most fun with the best people...

Looks like only 100 entries so far. Let's get this sold out!!!

I think several more applications showed up recently, but the KIDS need you! Even if having more fun than you're allowed to have isn't on your plate, get 'er dun for the good you'll do :FlagAm:

CR

You can get all the info you need about this shoot at the above website but just a quick overview in case you don't have the time to visit. The shoot is hosted by two clubs in Illinois - the Illowa Irregulars in Milan, IL and the Shady Creek Shootists in Little York, IL. It's a two day shoot over Memorial Day weekend (actually 3 days now because we started doing a few side matches on Friday). The dates this year are May 25-27. We shoot one day in Little York and the next day in Milan (6 stages each day) and the cost of the shoot is $20 for both days. We have a fantastic steak dinner on Saturday night and hold a raffle and auction (both silent and live) on Saturday night. You can see some of the great raffle and auction items we have on the website. This will be our 13th shoot and in the previous 12 years, we have raised just over $250,000 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. You'd be hard pressed to find a better cause and it just makes your heart feel good to be a part of this shoot. So please come join us - it's lots of fun!!!!!!

T.A. Spurs and Shamrock Sis

You can get all the info you need about this shoot at the above website but just a quick overview in case you don't have the time to visit. The shoot is hosted by two clubs in Illinois - the Illowa Irregulars in Milan, IL and the Shady Creek Shootists in Little York, IL. It's a two day shoot over Memorial Day weekend (actually 3 days now because we started doing a few side matches on Friday). The dates this year are May 25-27. We shoot one day in Little York and the next day in Milan (6 stages each day) and the cost of the shoot is $20 for both days. We have a fantastic steak dinner on Saturday night and hold a raffle and auction (both silent and live) on Saturday night. You can see some of the great raffle and auction items we have on the website. This will be our 13th shoot and in the previous 12 years, we have raised just over $250,000 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. You'd be hard pressed to find a better cause and it just makes your heart feel good to be a part of this shoot. So please come join us - it's lots of fun!!!!!!

X 100..........

I don't think any one could have said it better

Minimal cost and you'll never meet a better bunch of people than at this shoot. Everyone is friendly and all money from it goes directly to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Write a check if you need a tax deduction or just get some raffle tickets and win a prize, bid for goodies, shoot with fun people.. The group of people putting on this shoot are the most non selfish people that I have ever met. They give of themselves, their money, time and soul to put on the greatest shoot you will ever go to... There's still more spots open.... Don't miss out...

Remember..... It's for The Kids...

Hello to all of you in the frozen tundra.

Sent my registration in today.

It may take a little extra time for you to get it, the mail carriers out here in AZ. don't like to work hard in this heat!!! :rolleyes::lol::P

Count myself, JR Rider, LauraLee and grandson Lowdown Lefty to be there with bells on.

Been shootin' out here some and tring to get a edge on all those fast seniors back there.

Looking forward to the best shoot of the year.

Whiskey Rick

Archived