SASS Wire Forum

St Jude's Charity Shoot

Cowboy Rick, SASS #49739L

Sis,

I've got the rain taken care of. I was practicing Sunday, so a couple of drops got through, but I'll be in complete control come Memorial Day!:blink:

CR

Cowboy Rick "in complete control". The only man I ever knew that earned TWO MDQ's on the same stage.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me thinks Cowboy Rick will be "Raining in too much Scotch" to do much about the weather. :lol:

Hey! I heard that

We shot at Shady Creek yesterday - their first match of the season. Their ranges are in great shape too and we had a blast!! Can't wait for the charity shoot - we've got several folks coming this year who have never shot it before. They are in for a treat to see the two fantastic clubs (Illowa Irregulars in Milan, IL and Shady Creek Shootist in Little York, IL) where this shoot is held. Can't wait to meet all the newbies too!!!!!!

Still have 12 spots available if anyone out there is interested. $20 for 2 days of great shooting at two great clubs and the best part is, we're saving children's lives - every penny goes to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Let's get this thing sold out!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

The clean up day there was a blast and I got a chance to see my friends and adopted family again....

people, if you haven't gone to this shoot, here's your chance. You will never meet a nicer bunch of people and every single penny goes to help the kids.... Lots of hard work is done by the group putting on this shoot and I can flat out guarantee that you'll have a ball.

For the other procrastinators out there, the Blue Spruce Lodge in Aledo still has two double rooms. They're 10 to 15 minutes north of the shoot and you've got a head start Sunday morning. Nice little town, I've stayed there a few years now.

I swear that this is the shoot that I look forward to every year. If I were limited to a single shoot every year (Lately, it's only been 2 or 3 anyway) this would be it....

Hard to believe in 4 short weeks from today, this will all be over for another year!!! And hopefully we'll be saying we raised another $40,000+ for the kids!!Still have 10 spots open if anyone out there is interested in attending!!

Have to get back to work now - still tons of stuff to do in the next 3 1/2 weeks!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Really hate to do this but have decided to put a deadline on sign-up for the shoot. We need firm numbers by the 9th of May in order to give final numbers to our food people in time to have those fantastic steaks available for the steak fry on Saturday night. So, PLEASE, if you are planning to shoot this shoot, get your applications in right away!!!!!

Thanks,

Shamrock Sis

It's worth it if you just show up for the steak dinner!:FlagAm:

You got that right Brother. It's a great feed, with great people and a great raffle with great prizes.... And the dinner is only 15 yankee greenbacks......

Add to that, two great days of shooting, 12 stages for 20 yankee greenbacks...

If you get on my posse, I'll try my best to choke everybody with my 3 dram shotgun loads.... (83 grains of FFFg under 1 1/8 ounces of shot with paper wads) .... Might even start a brush fire....

Sorry I've got to miss it this year. But I sent a few extra bucks to Shamrock Sis to put some raffle tickets in a couple of the pots for me. So at least I'll be there in $pirit this year. :D

With a little luck I'll win a shotgun so I can shoot Classic Cowboy next year. :)

Ya'll have fun! (Like I had to tell ya)

Black Angus McPherson

Yep. We plan to see you guys in 2013.

Dan-

I know you con't make it this year, but it'll be good to see you again in 2013! Bring that fine young son, he's always welcome!

CR

Well, it's finally here - THE DEADLINE!

Sis & TA needed to pick a date so food could be ordered, and today is the day. Sooooo - if yer thinkin' about it - Git Er Dun!:FlagAm: (It's fer the kids ya know)

CR

I can't even believe we're only 12 days away from all the fun beginning and that two weeks from today, it'll all be over but the shouting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hopefully the shouting will be really loud to celebrate all the money we raised FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you great folks who are signed up!!!

Shamrock Sis

Archived