SASS Wire Forum

St Jude's Charity Shoot

Cowboy Rick, SASS #49739L

Room reserved..... Ammo loaded..... Boots still have the dirt on them from last year....

I'm ready.....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTT - for the kids!! Up to 178 as of yesterday - still 22 spaces to fill!!! And have to send out a big thank you to Turkey Legs and Dry Fire for sending us some money cuz they won't be able to make it this year!! You guys are the best!!!!!!! It's because of all those big cowboy hearts out there that this shoot is such a huge success every year. Cowboys rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Sis,

I know that things are tough lately and maybe some folks are holding back because financially, it's tough. The entry fee is minimal but some might not have it to spare.

I offer to cover the entry fee for 5 shooters. All they need to do is send in their application and note on it that I am covering it. I don't want to know who and nobody needs to know who they are either. When you get the applications, e mail me and I will send out the check.

Sis,

I've been in hard times before and life has been good to me. This is just a way to give back a little. I don't want anybody to miss the fun.

Sis, the check went out today for those 5 entries..

People, don't let a tight money situation keep you away from the fun. I am paying the entry fee for 5 people that all they need to do is send in an application to Sis. Nobody needs to know who.... I don't even want to know. This is not charity. It's just a way to help somebody join in the fun....

190 shooters is a bunch of cowpokes! Gotta be just a few more out there willing to help make a difference for a noble cause!

CR

The most fun you'll ever have with all your clothes on.....

Stopped by the rangemaster's place today - there are some really NEAT auction/raffle items and a bunch of them are guns!

You could spend $20 to enter, buy $5.00 worth of raffle tickets, and win a gun! No better deal for no better purpose around.

It IS for the kids (and for the kid in us)

CR

There are a boat load of guns this year - thanks to all those very generous folks out there who donate items year after year.

We seem to be stuck at 190 entries though - come on folks - can we get 10 more people who want to help out the kids of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital??? Let's get this thing sold out!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Guest jeweler jim

The last two entries are my kids and they don't want to be the last two to sign up. So get your entry in now. It's worth coming down (up or across) just for the steak fry on Saturday and the people watching after the liquid pie gets passed around. When people start raising their bids against their own bid you know they're having a good time.

The last two entries are my kids and they don't want to be the last two to sign up. So get your entry in now. It's worth coming down (up or across) just for the steak fry on Saturday and the people watching after the liquid pie gets passed around. When people start raising their bids against their own bid you know they're having a good time.

Those have been the BEST steaks at any venue for several years. Their supplier sends only the leanest and tastiest ones. I've helped the cooks a few times, no need to cull out a good one for yourself- they're ALL great!

One more excuse to find the time to attend. Not to mention the KIDS!!!

CR

It's the most fun that you'll ever have with your clothes on.....

It's the most fun that you'll ever have with your clothes on.....

Hey Sarge - If we pay you, will you LEAVE your clothes on?????

You're right about the FUN factor tho.

CR

Hey Sarge - If we pay you, will you LEAVE your clothes on?????

You're right about the FUN factor tho.

CR

OK.... How much???????????

There's an idea... Raffle me off and see how much we can raise to keep our clothes on......

There's an idea... Raffle me off and see how much we can raise to keep our clothes on......

Can't you just poke my eyes out??:P

We spent the day down at Shady Creek yesterday cleaning up the range from the winter and getting all the stages set for the Charity Shoot. Looks like it's gonna be another great one!!!! Partner's Partner sure does a great job writing stages - I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had 4 cancellations but in the last 3 days also got 4 new entries so we are still at 190 entries. Still 10 to go - we still have time to get this sold out by tax day - FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

I shot a match at Cutteer's Raiders on Saturday - sounds as though a few more of them may decide to join us! They is good people and have been grreat supporters of our event, hope they don't wait too long!

C'mon guys, get 'er done :FlagAm: (it's for the KIDS :excl::wub: )

CR

BTT - for the kids!!!!!

We had our first outdoor cowboy shoot of the season here in Milan, IL yesterday and our ranges are in great shape!!!! Now everybody just needs to pray for no rain for the charity shoot - I have been ever since our rain out last year!!!! The weather for this last weekend during our shoot was great compared to what was predicted - everybody thought we were going to get rained on all day and we barely got sprinkled on. It was great!!!! If we can just add a little bit of sunshine to it for the charity shoot, that'll be perfect!!!!!!!!!!

Still have 11 spots to fill for the charity shoot - if you haven't applied yet but still intend to, PLEASE get your applications in now!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Sis,

I've got the rain taken care of. I was practicing Sunday, so a couple of drops got through, but I'll be in complete control come Memorial Day!:blink:

CR

Archived