SASS Wire Forum

Movie lines

Rye Miles #13621

I guess I've watched waaay too many westerns cause I find myself using lines from my favorite movies during my everyday travels. Like when someone goes to put his hand on you for one reason or another I always say, "I will not be pawed at thank you very much"

When someone at the gun range or gun shop I work at part time asks if they think I can draw and shoot faster then them I tend to say, "Say when" touching the stag grips of my Colt 1911.:P

If I was to meet a politician that I didn't like I would probably say "Pardon me if I don't shake your hand" :lol:

Guess I've seen Tombstone a few too many times huh?:o Rye

Got any that you use in your everyday life?????

My wife and I have used the line from Yellow Ribbon when someone apologizes..."Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness" then the person goes..Huh? Then we explain the background to the line.

When Catherine and I watch the news or a TV show, and the outcome of someone doing something stupid is obvious, we will look at each other and say, "Well, it was bound to happen."

The one I use pretty regular is "That'll hare-lip the governor!", which was an old country saying from my dim and distant youth and, if memory serves me correctly was also a Slim Pickens line from "Dr. Strangelove".

I used the "more harmonious outcome" line just yesterday on a motorcycle forum I frequent. Have used the "never apologize" line more times than I care to count.

I use movie and tv lines all the time. I couldn't begin to list all of the ones I use. I will say, much to my continuing embarrassment, I used a movie line in a near death experience while deployed.

"I wouldn't try any of that city-slicker stuff on this pore ol' country boy."

I have always wanted to use this line, but the opportunity never presents itself. :angry:

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

The usual response is "We don't like you now, so who cares?" :(

All from the same movie:

"So, it is down to you and it is down to me."

"Get back witch!"

"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"

"Have fun stormin' da castle!"

When seeing some item that clearly is damaged beyond repair:

"I've seen worse."

I guess I've watched waaay too many westerns cause I find myself using lines from my favorite movies during my everyday travels. Like when someone goes to put his hand on you for one reason or another I always say, "I will not be pawed at thank you very much"

When someone at the gun range or gun shop I work at part time asks if they think I can draw and shoot faster then them I tend to say, "Say when" touching the stag grips of my Colt 1911.:P

If I was to meet a politician that I didn't like I would probably say "Pardon me if I don't shake your hand" :lol:

Guess I've seen Tombstone a few too many times huh?:o Rye

Got any that you use in your everyday life?????

"You may go now"

Now thats NOT towards you- Just loved it wen Doc said that to The charecter that Billy Bob played!!

I really use that prudy often--------

All from the same movie:

"So, it is down to you and it is down to me."

"Get back witch!"

"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"

"Have fun stormin' da castle!"

When seeing some item that clearly is damaged beyond repair:

"I've seen worse."

Princess Bride?

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

I'm in food service and give out samples of various food products. And I get alot of I don't like it or it was OK, so my favorite expression is" Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope"

Also I like "For once I'd like to shoot an educated man"

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

"And now for something completely different."

"Get on with it!"

"I'm getting better."

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

"Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast."

Not every day, but with some frequency.

Archived