SASS Wire Forum

pain in the neck

Tom Muley

Woke this morning with a muscle pain on the left side of my neck, must a slept wrong. It has stiffen a little bit and now the right side is sore from compensating the discomfort of the painful left. Hurts when sneeze, cough, or laugh.

Any suggestions for relief?....................take 2 asprin and call me in the morning?...........lol....ouch.

Woke this morning with a muscle pain on the left side of my neck, must a slept wrong. It has stiffen a little bit and now the right side is sore from compensating the discomfort of the painful left. Hurts when sneeze, cough, or laugh.

Any suggestions for relief?....................take 2 asprin and call me in the morning?...........lol....ouch.

Man I hate those crick in the neck episodes! Heat, massage, stretching, and anti-inflammatories added to tincture of time is about all you can do.

Quit stickin' yer nose into other people's business and you won't get that crick. Now if'n you'll step up on this little trap door, we'll help you stretch that neck. ;):P

shower massage set on pulse, water about as hot as you can stand it, and just stand under it moving so the water starts on the shoulders, and gradually move so it hits your neck. Works for me. Sometimes.

Get a stiff neck every now and then, when I do I get out the memory foam pillow for a couple of nights. Its one of those that has the bolster I guess you call it that goes under your neck.

Don't sneeze, cough, or laugh.

Put da shower on as hot as ya can stand it ?

DATS WHAT I DO WHEN I SHOWER.....ONCE A MONTH !!:lol:

Hawk, gettin on towards spring here, I reckon it's about time for my annual bath.

(Sniff.....Sniff....)

I shore do wish spring wood git here sooner....

Cant....hold....my....breath...much ....longer !! :wacko:

Any suggestions for relief?....................take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning?...........lol....ouch.

Tom, about the only thing that works for me anymore is a visit to my chiropractor. I've got some permanent ligament damage and a bit of arthritis in the neck, stemming from a car accident 10 years ago.

Slackwater

Thanks for the tips, most of I have tried. It has been a number of years since the last time this happened. I might have over did the yard clean-up yesterday. About an hour ago I had a spasm in the muscle that almost dropped me to my knees. A couple of pills and some heat might help before I go to bed.

Thanks for the tips, most of I have tried. It has been a number of years since the last time this happened. I might have over did the yard clean-up yesterday. About an hour ago I had a spasm in the muscle that almost dropped me to my knees. A couple of pills and some heat might help before I go to bed.

No masseuse? :blink:

I have tried most everything. I have even done accupuncture and "cupping" (btw, Kaiser will pay for part of the accupuncture..)

I was watching Detroit 187 last night and the James McDaniel caracter was trying to put on his coat, and it hurt so bad he had to have his pard slip his arm in. I laffed my arse off cuz that is happening to me..

take care and get better

curley

Take a wet towel and cook it in the microwave 3-5 min. Wrap in dry towel then apply to affected area for 10 min. every 1-2 hours. Moist heat is supposed to be better than dry heat. Good Luck Blue Roan

Last year I went through the same thing...only I had managed somehow to pull/stretch a muscle and get it all knotted up.

Went to a chiropractor and they rubbed it out...but, they sent me home with ICE PACKS to keep on it. Said the heat packs weren't advisable anymore for muscle pulls and to use ice instead.

It worked for me ;) ....your mileage may vary :rolleyes: .

Went to a chiropractor and they rubbed it out...but, they sent me home with ICE PACKS to keep on it. Said the heat packs weren't advisable anymore for muscle pulls and to use ice instead.

Many physical therapists use heat and stretch, followed by ice packs to keep swelling down.

Time is all that's worked for me in the past. I have two herniated discs and one ruptured disc. Neurosurgeon says it's so screwed up he doesn't want to do surgery unless I get to where I have constant pain. I've bit the bullet on that for five years now.

I dealt with the constant pain and direct nerve involvement for 18 months, taking pills, three epidurals, trigger point injections,and Physical therapy and none of it worked. the ruptured disc was compressing on the nerve. When it becomes a real quality of life issue you will let them cut on you. I had a partial laminectomy and partial discectomy and feel 100% better!! I am glad that I had the surgery and have not regreted it for one second.

As far as the crook in the neck Okie hit it on the head!!!!

Doc

Time is all that's worked for me in the past. I have two herniated discs and one ruptured disc. Neurosurgeon says it's so screwed up he doesn't want to do surgery unless I get to where I have constant pain. I've bit the bullet on that for five years now.

Guest jeweler jim

Pretty much what my "cutter" told me. With what I got he said we would end up blowing out things above and below and more surgeries until I'd be walking around like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz. One of the reasons I ain't shot a match since your St. Jude's last year.

Come hell or high water I'm gonna get a few shoots in this year regardless, even if I have to warn the TO that when I bring the rifle or pistols down before they're empty it's just to take a break before bringing them back up and finishing the string.

My sainted mother said "Getting old ain't for sissies." She weren't wrong.

Archived