SASS Wire Forum

Fasting DR appt tomorrow.. geesh I am so hungry. update on DR visit. .

Deja Vous

I get hungry the minute someone tells me I can't eat.. lol.. But I am full the minute I walk into a all you can eat place.. lol.. Anyhow.. I have an appointment tomorrow AM to find out why my BP jumps up for a bit and then back down.. tonight I have a downer.. my last test was 95/60.. I think I am dead? lol... But when I got home it was 147/87... It has done this for years, but I had a bit of a span of time when it went really too high. Now it seems okay again.. but I guess I will go in and find out if they can do anything or not. With a pulse around 60 i guess it is hard to fix? lol. I hate tests.. totally hate them.. and I have a ton of them tomorrow... But its okay... i am sure they will entertain me, right? lol I hate going to the DR.. don't mind the DDS unless they want to drill, but the DR..l just puts me in orbit, not sure why... I have white coat syndrome I have been told.. lol... I guess I should never date a doc... lol.. Just a joke guys..

I don't mind the docs office, I likes all the pretty girls he has working there :D Yes, I know I'm a pig.

Deja, just think of me, I'll be right there with ya in spirit. Big ol grin on my face holding my new shotgun with my six guns on my hips.

Now the dentist, I don't like, pretty gals or not. I reckon next time I go they'll start yanking teeth, been way too long since I've been.

So that explains why you weren't at Taco Tuesday tonight.......

Good luck on the tests......

Maybe if you sit still, your BP will behave......

IMHO

I don't mind the docs office, I likes all the pretty girls he has working there :D Yes, I know I'm a pig.

Deja, just think of me, I'll be right there with ya in spirit. Big ol grin on my face holding my new shotgun with my six guns on my hips.

Now the dentist, I don't like, pretty gals or not. I reckon next time I go they'll start yanking teeth, been way too long since I've been.

I go once a year to get mine cleaned.. the only ones I am missing are the ones I had knocked out by an ex.. yikess... But I have a partial for that and have had for decades so its cool... But... the DR.. just scares me.. don't care if he is good looking, don't care if he has money.. he has cold hands and he hurts that is all I remember.. lol.. I think I will take my baby gun to make me feel warm, fuzzy, and protected.. lol. I HATE the DR and TESTS.. There are few things in life I hate, but this is one of them. I even tried to cancel today.. lol.. I know it could be worse.. but it feels horrible to me.. I am such a coward when it comes to drawing my blood.. I hate to pass out and I always do.. everything is too cold. and my BP is always high because I am scared to death.. So, I need a warm gun I guess.. lol... Think he would mind if I just held it thru the appointment? lol.. I have his visit, and labs, and other stuff that I dread of course.. darn it.. you know the best case for me would be just be healthy and then die.. being sick would be horrible for me.. Imagine passing out after you treatment .. lol I am such a lily livered coward.. lol

So that explains why you weren't at Taco Tuesday tonight.......

Good luck on the tests......

Maybe if you sit still, your BP will behave......

IMHO

I was not invited is why I was not there.. lol... no wonder my BP is high.. lol. My feelings are hurt... I will never sit still Randys.. lol... but you do love me anyhow right?

You and your better half? lol So in your honest opinion ... really.. ????

LOL, used to work with a guy who told the story of his elderly aunt who went to the doctor or dentist or some such, well the doc tried to give her a shot or draw blood and she pulled his pistil from her purse and said something to the effect of "oh no you don't"

try sucking on ice chips you get water that stimulates your taste buds

gabby

Thanks so much Gabby I will try that..

LOL, used to work with a guy who told the story of his elderly aunt who went to the doctor or dentist or some such, well the doc tried to give her a shot or draw blood and she pulled his pistil from her purse and said something to the effect of "oh no you don't"

For some reason I simply don't do well with needles and I never have.. But the DDS is fine.. lol.. Who knows.. Drawing blood is the worst. I pass out instantly.. The first time they drew blood I was pretty young and I can still remember it.. they drew it, they said hey you are white are you okay... and I said I am fine.. and crash I slid out of the chair on to the floor.. lol.. The next thing I knew I was waking up on in the officed on one of those "too hard, and too cold to believe beds" .. lol.. Since then I warn them, so they lay me down.. lol

For some reason I simply don't do well with needles and I never have.. But the DDS is fine.. lol.. Who knows.. Drawing blood is the worst. I pass out instantly.. The first time they drew blood I was pretty young and I can still remember it.. they drew it, they said hey you are white are you okay... and I said I am fine.. and crash I slid out of the chair on to the floor.. lol.. The next thing I knew I was waking up on in the officed on one of those "too hard, and too cold to believe beds" .. lol.. Since then I warn them, so they lay me down.. lol

before you go next time freze sugar free coolaid then you suck something that at least taste good but you may get some strage looks for your colored tounge

gabby

rotfl... I needed a laugh.. just like I need a change of focus and in this thread I got both.. thank you both.. and eye opener is nice.. and honest and I like nice and honest.. good night y;all.. I will sleep on it and be just me again tomorrow after I change a couple situations in my life.

Good luck to ya, hope they straighten yer bp out. I'm sure they will. Rye B)

hey, DV. 60 heart rate is fine. When I go in for a procedure that requires me to be out, I warn them that I will set off alarms. My pulse rate will run in the high 30s under antesthetic.

Felt I needed to update the results cuz it would not be nice to not let you all know what is going on. I was given Norvasc for high blood pressure this morning. It was an interesting visit, my blood pressure was high, and then I got one of my falling bp, faint spells with pain again. Last night I had that several times, so I was glad it happened at the DR office.

They gave it a name.. panic attack.... he said I have must been through a lot, and my body and Pea brain, lol.. are trying to cope. I guess this is a defense for me, I have done it off and on for a while now. They can give me paxil or some other stuff, but he was concerned about doing that since I don't do very well with medications.

He told me to stay away from Aspartame and cut down on my caffine, and to take zinic and magnesium they might help. And he said my blood pressure lowering could help too. So, that is the update.. back to work.. and at least I know I am not crazy now. Geesh.. thanks for caring and sharing.. DV

and at least I know I am not crazy now. Geesh.. thanks for caring and sharing.. DV

I'll stop spreading that rumor then. :lol:

Seriously, good that the medicos are getting a handle on it. Thanks for the update.

Deja, sounds like ya need to chill out a bit. Nothing's worth gettin yerself upset enough to have panic attacks. Relax and think nice thoughts (like cowboy shoots and new guns) don't worry, be happy! Hey that was a song back when!! Rye ^_^

You have got to get ok.We would miss you to much if you dont get on.I was praying for you. The old farts like me need your smile,your sweet face and the laugh I hear when I read your post.Take care of your self young lady.Pit Bull

Sorry fer da late post...

Da Lord answered my prayer. I'm rejoycein' over da up date !! :lol:

Me , I hate dem sawbones. (Sorry Okie ! ;) ) I tank dey all nuts.

I have high bp when I have to go fer a check up , but when da wait and check it again , it goes down.

Now , ....Don't worry bout goin' to da tooth doc. Aint got any ! Lost'em all rodeoin'. But I got false thefters...

When dey hurt, pull out da old pocket knife and go to town !! :D

Hello every one.. I will post my photo tomorrow.. but my job is to simply say hello most of the time for my mom. Mom is chilled she is fine like she always is. She is a bit busy doing upgrade to her security, and operating systems again.. lol.. I guess I need to stop surfing Doggie Dowahs while she it at work, cuz he are having email issues. Oh, yeah.... I do LOL too.. Anyhow.. she should be back tomorrow.. but she is doing what she does be being very careful like the wraskel rabbit.. lol.... Mom is very good at hiding cookies.. but I find them so someone always does.. lol.. Anyhow.. she is cool and just busy.. honest.. RR.

Hello every one.. I will post my photo tomorrow.. but my job is to simply say hello most of the time for my mom. Mom is chilled she is fine like she always is. She is a bit busy doing upgrade to her security, and operating systems again.. lol.. I guess I need to stop surfing Doggie Dowahs while she it at work, cuz he are having email issues. Oh, yeah.... I do LOL too.. Anyhow.. she should be back tomorrow.. but she is doing what she does be being very careful like the wraskel rabbit.. lol.... Mom is very good at hiding cookies.. but I find them so someone always does.. lol.. Anyhow.. she is cool and just busy.. honest.. RR.

Howdy, Rats!

Now, if the "cookies" Mom's hiding are from from Trader Joe's (they call 'em dog biscuits!), they'd be worth lookin' for... 'specially if they're the peanut butter ones!!

They come shaped like shoes, fireplugs, sofas, a squirrel.... oh, Yum! Even Sassparilla Kid likes a nibble from time to time...! ^_^

Howdy, Rats!

Now, if the "cookies" Mom's hiding are from from Trader Joe's (they call 'em dog biscuits!), they'd be worth lookin' for... 'specially if they're the peanut butter ones!!

They come shaped like shoes, fireplugs, sofas, a squirrel.... oh, Yum! Even Sassparilla Kid likes a nibble from time to time...! ^_^

Mom makes a sort of White chocoate kinda cookie that I love,... and breakfast.. oh man she is the very best at that.. oh, gosh and steak and burgers.. well, okay fine.. I admit... I would eat anything she makes.. lol..

But she does cook A LOT, and I get to eat people food often.. cuz she can't stop herself.. mom is such a push over.. lol.. Oh, wait I didn't say that .. she might read that.. lol.. She will be back soon.. promise. For now I am her eyes and nose or was it ears?? I forget.. lol

Burgers, steak, cookies... oh, yum - but remember, Rats, NO CHOCOLATE!!

'Tis very bad stuff for li'l dawgs... very bad indeed! :unsure:

Burgers, steak, cookies... oh, yum - but remember, Rats, NO CHOCOLATE!!

'Tis very bad stuff for li'l dawgs... very bad indeed! :unsure:

Hmmmmmmmmm chocalate is a accumulative poison... lol Really steak and garlic are better.. Mom loves garlic.. in fact I have to fight her for the garlic pickles.. lol.. I think I might buy extra for this weekend cuz mom eats he mall.. and i want a friend to try the.. lol...

Deja, sounds like ya need to chill out a bit. Nothing's worth gettin yerself upset enough to have panic attacks. Relax and think nice thoughts (like cowboy shoots and new guns) don't worry, be happy!

Rye, that's good advice, but not necessarily practical. My sister has panic attacks, and sometimes it's the simplest thing that sets them off. It doesn't always have to be a big thing like being worried about a Dr's appointment, it can be one little thing that she has a minor concern over.

Slackwater

Rye, that's good advice, but not necessarily practical. My sister has panic attacks, and sometimes it's the simplest thing that sets them off. It doesn't always have to be a big thing like being worried about a Dr's appointment, it can be one little thing that she has a minor concern over.

Slackwater

The good part was I was with a DR when it happened. This is not the first time, I have a bit of a history with these. They started about the time I had someone try to "convince" me I was a punching bag.. lol.. After that I was scared for a long time.. but I did come out of it. But once in a while my tummy woud hurt, and my heart race, and I might pass out, or feel faint.. or simply suddenl run for it.. lol... I went in this year with pain in my stomach and they said ulcer.. they were wrong I think.. this time, in the DR;s office I had one and passed out for him to enjoy..lol.. So, my new BP' meds are going to be monitored too, I have to go in every week for a while for a nurse to check me. But I an not taking anything for the attackes... just cutting some stuff out that I guess he feels I may have reacted to.. Did ya know that Aspertame and caffine are in diet drinks and that the combination is a probled for some people? Green Tea is my new friend.. And let me mention my BFF JJJ's has been very nice to me thru all of this.. He has been a saint, and like a true BFF .... nice guy.. he realy is.. I never would have thought the mind was so powerful.. but it turns out that your mind will take over to try to protect you... I guess mine was doing just that.. protecting me from ever being called sane.. lol

My wife went through a series of BP drops, causing her to pass out. One time we were at a new rheumatologist doc, and she fainted in the hall going to the exam room. About the same time the rheumatologist stepped into the hall, saw her go down, and said, "My God, you need to see a doctor!"

I don't normally have much of a temper, but that really caused a BP spike on my part.

Archived