SASS Wire Forum

Dreams .. odd but true story...

Deja Vous

A friend of mine and I were working on keeping track of our dreams.. I had some pretty odd ones going on, and some that I did not even darn to write down..... Stuff like Riverside CA changing from black and white old dirt streets to the way they looked today when the horse carriage pasted them.. It was so cool looking.. but they were starting to get a bit odd. Anyhow, this friend gave me a medicine bag ... and I don't use a dream catcher, don't much believe in them .. So I took the bag and put in it a few family trinkets .. some hearts from a bracelet my Dad gave me when I was about 4 or 5, a turqouise piece old one, and a few other little treasures.. just because I thought it would be kinda fun to do. Then I hung the little bag from my headboard, overt my head, and I have not had one dream since.. I forgot to remove it last night, tonight I need to. But isn't it odd how the minds works? I am sure this has to be a fluke, or the power of suggestion. But it was so odd, not one dream that I remember since then, and prior to it I had one about every other night.

Ya know, Deja. Some times a dream can be a foretellin' of one sort or another.

^_^

Just make sure ya have a full notepad tonight... yer gonna get a LOT OF DREAMS,

Someone figured ya needed a rest...

That is one powerful medicine bag,

I for one will not mess with any 'Lakota' medicine...

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I removed the medicine bag and had a dream last night. Again I was seeing the coach and horses in black and white and their past left me the living color of todays world. Then I started a new dream some time in the night. I was no longer dreaming black and white.. or even worrying about color... Ed's was in my dream ... the medicine bag is back up tonight. There are times when I am better off not dreaming, guess this is one of them.. cuz I just know Ed would never give me the advice I got last night.. lo... Geesh.. Dreams are funny, huh? I should have known better.. lol

Just make sure ya have a full notepad tonight... yer gonna get a LOT OF DREAMS,

Someone figured ya needed a rest...

That is one powerful medicine bag,

I for one will not mess with any 'Lakota' medicine...

JJJ-D

And I did dream a lot... so the bag is back up.. some times i am better off making it up as I go then following dreams.. lol In this case, I think that is true. The notepad remains empty some dreams are better of not repeated. It was a great dream, but I now the difference between real and fantasy..... I need a night of sleep, so the bag is back up.. lol.

Didjaever find yourself in a dream that you didn't like the way it was going, and consciously tell yourself to wake up, then wake up? I've done that several times.

I have, but when i did that I was pushed into a new dream.. and I wish I could have not had that one.. geesh..

I removed the medicine bag and had a dream last night. Again I was seeing the coach and horses in black and white and their past left me the living color of todays world. Then I started a new dream some time in the night. I was no longer dreaming black and white.. or even worrying about color... Ed's was in my dream ... the medicine bag is back up tonight. There are times when I am better off not dreaming, guess this is one of them.. cuz I just know Ed would never give me the advice I got last night.. lo... Geesh.. Dreams are funny, huh? I should have known better.. lol

Ya just hadta say something...

JJJ-D

Ya know, Deja. Some times a dream can be a foretellin' of one sort or another.

^_^

EE/s sometimes Dreams are simply what we want, or sometimes what our ancestors want.. either way, they don't always happen.. Either way.. the bag goes back up tonight.. too much last night.. lol

Welcome to the forum for Advanced Aged Saloonatics! Like the doc says,"Well, at your age....." ;)

So, forgetful starts like this? lol

Ya just hadta say something...

JJJ-D

Huh?

EE/s sometimes Dreams are simply what we want, or sometimes what our ancestors want.. either way, they don't always happen.. Either way.. the bag goes back up tonight.. too much last night.. lol

Deja, E.E., Apache Medicine is very strong. Some things I can not do cuz I'm not full blood. But I do have my Dream Catcher over my bed. Each and every morning, I hold it up to the eastern sky to cleanse it. My Medicine Bag, is always with me and da Lord and da Medicine Bag has helped me through many troubles.

We all dream at night. Without that release, we would all go insane! Some dreams we just don't remember, others are all too real. My Ancestors talk with me through dreams...they show me the past and the near future...and the distance future.

E.E. , it is often said among Apaches that a wise man will see his future and act on what he sees. Be it good, and he need not do anything...be it bad, he has some not so good guys mudding up his future. Then you need to share those dreams with someone you trust. When I have night terrors, I wake up screaming, sweating, trying to throw my wife to cover. I then hear my Ancestors calling me, telling me my fight is over and I feel my wife's gentle hand, and I ball like a baby in her arms. If you tell anyone I"ll say you're lieing !;)

Ok , Off my soap box now......

On a much more primeval level... since my earliest memories, I've had dreams of being chased... at times dropping to all fours to run faster. Dreams of being pursued by some very interesting things that can best be described as carnivorous. AND the most disturbing... of driving off a partially collapsed bridge! I retain a very clear memory of that one as a small child.

I was in San Francisco when the Bay Bridge partially collapsed with the Loma Prieto earthquake, and when I saw it from the deck of a ferry a couple hours later I had a very, very strange feeling of recognition and closure.

Since that event dreams have been FAR more pleasant! :blush:

Hmmmm. Dreams......

I feel a pome comin on. Somebody stop me! :lol:

I've had a few recurring dreams (less than a half dozen) come to pass exactly as I dreamed them months or even years later. The first couple times it happened during my junior high or early years of high school, I wrote it of as deja vous until I started writing down any intense, detailed dreams (like hearing in stereo, having a sense of smell, noticing small details that are consistent with everyday life). I don't claim to know where it comes from, but I know what I saw in my dreams (and wrote down the morning after having it the second time) and what came to pass were exactly the same- right down to the dialogue, the smells and what people were wearing.

I had a recurring dream that was a real bad one. Fortunately with the passage of time I have it less frequently.

I had a dream last night that I went to load up my pistols at the first stage tomorrow and the cylinder from one wasn't there cuz it was still at home on my loading bench where I've been using it to check loaded rounds.

I enjoy my dreams, none seem to be really bad... but strange at time or odd enough to scare me a bit. But none of the monsters chasing you or that sort of stuff. The dream about the carriage was so cool. The carriage was in its own era with the dirt roads in Riverside, as it passed an area behind it the scenery would change bad to todays world in full living color. It was pretty cool. But when people talk to me in my dreams I get a bit spooked. When my grandmother passed on she spoke to me more than once at night. I had trouble falling asleep because I was afraid she would come back. I think I wore my self out with concern, so when I did finally fall asleep I would dream again.. lol. The messages from her were good ones, and stuff she would have said to me. It was just hard to lose her and then see her night after night.

This dream the person who spoke to me told me something that he would not have said when he was living. So, the dream isn't a true dream, so I try to not have it again. Last night I saw and heard the dream again, I guess I will have to give up on not dreaming for a few nights now. When I go to Dad's I will dream there, I usually do. Maybe if I have it enough times I will finish the whole dream and hear the whole message.

Generally speaking my grandmother gave me advice for living. The person in my dreams was funny, gave little advice past guns, books and fun.. so to hear advice tells me I wanted to hear it and now I am creating it. If I can have the whole dream I guess I will know if I should ignore it or not. Right now I have decided to ignore the advice of course.. lol.

Archived