SASS Wire Forum

2 million in guns stolein

GunClick Rick

GILROY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities in Santa Clara County are looking for thieves who invaded a home and held the owner for hours before fleeing with a gun collection valued at up to $2 million.

Police and neighbors tell ABC-TV that three masked men invaded the Gilroy home of Gary Wise on Sunday night. They tied up and beat the owner.

The men finally got the security code to his gun safe and stole dozens of weapons.

A neighbor says Wise got free at about 6 a.m. Monday and went to her home.

Authorities say the thieves also stole the man's pickup truck, which was later found torched.

GILROY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities in Santa Clara County are looking for thieves who invaded a home and held the owner for hours before fleeing with a gun collection valued at up to $2 million.

The men finally got the security code to his gun safe and stole dozens of weapons.

Dozens - Two million dollars?

This guy owns used to own nicer stuff than I do.

I believe that there is a 5-year mandatory sentence for each stolen gun. Guns at this level should be able to trace if they stay in the USA. They are likely to head to the mideast or Asia.

I keep at least two rounds in every gun that I own. My non-shooting wife does not have to ask if they are loaded. Any kid or fool that tried to hock one at a gun or pawn shop would draw attention when they checked the chambers.

Thank the Lord there safe! I'ma bettin they know one of the thives, indirectly maybe. :(

Just my thoughts.....Happy trails

QDG

2 Million sounds about right.

lets see:

each Ruger I own can be replaced at about $100,000 each.

Each Marlin will cost about the same.

Holster rig (2 of them) will add a few more zero's.

My elaborate collect of Norinco and IAC 97's will tip the scales for a few more 000.

All in all, I can see where TWO MILLION would be enough to replace my stuff.

..........Widder

Widder,

Place the Coffee Mug on the table ....... and back slowly away .........

Coffinmaker

:lol::lol::lol:

The Bunkhouse Boss is fixin me some 'banana cream' pudding right now and I figured that might help bring everything back into focus.

CC, how much do you think that both the original Widdermatic and the WiddermAJik would be worth?

I figured about what I paid for them off the shelf. :o

..........Widder

I believe that there is a 5-year mandatory sentence for each stolen gun. Guns at this level should be able to trace if they stay in the USA. They are likely to head to the mideast or Asia.I keep at least two rounds in every gun that I own. My non-shooting wife does not have to ask if they are loaded. Any kid or fool that tried to hock one at a gun or pawn shop would draw attention when they checked the chambers.

More likely the middle of Mexico. :angry:

Archived