SASS Wire Forum

PHOTOS of my Engraved RUGER 45's

Korupt Karl

I had a lot of people inquire as to who did the engraving on my Rugers when I was at Last Stand. I couldn't give them the name or a website then.....so here it is. You will have to scroll down to the one's marked KK

www.engravingv.blogspot.com

Giddi-up Vitele is his aka if I spelled it correctly. He is from Texas, but did the work when he lived in Indiana and was shootin at Cutter's Raiders. He also did a 7 1/2" SS

Ruger 45lc that I have no use for that I will be putting up for sale in the near future.

Thanks for lookin.

KK

I had a lot of people inquire as to who did the engraving on my Rugers when I was at Last Stand. I couldn't give them the name or a website then.....so here it is. You will have to scroll down to the one's marked KK

Giddi-up Vitele is his aka if I spelled it correctly. He is from Texas, but did the work when he lived in Indiana and was shootin at Cutter's Raiders. He also did a 7 1/2" SS

Ruger 45lc that I have no use for that I will be putting up for sale in the near future.

Thanks for lookin.

KK

Yep KK, since I know you, I want to offer a fair and just price for that 7 1/2" SS Ruger...I'll give you three hundred dollars cash (American).

That is some very fine engraving!! Really, really nice. Not to get into your business, but do mind if I ask what he charges for something like that (just ballpark)?

To get a somewhat overall coverage could run upward of $1200/gun. It depends upon if you are getting the flutes, front sight, etc....or as little as around a $100 if you are just getting some backstrap stuff done. That is a pretty good range and prices are negotiable....but I can't speak for Graig.... his phone number is on the site.

As for turnaround time. I told him it was not a high priority and I gave him a couple of months to do them.... here again, it would depend on his workload at the time. I know Giddi-up real well and had seen his work on Spittoon's, Mean Marie and SL Cass's pistols as I had shot with all of them.

Some had him do a little each year until the job was done.

KK

Karl, those are some beeeoootiful guns! You should be proud of them.

and +1 for Gidde-Up!

I see Mean Marie's .32's are on his site as well. When working the loadin' tables, I always commented on them. Such purty revolvers for such a purty woman! Hope they can make it back to the Hoosier state someday.

Spittoon's are purty as well, just waaaaay more purty than Spittoon!

ol' poke.

Here's a direct link

Fancy stuff! Yore a Silver Screen star Karl!! :FlagAm:

Karl, those are some beeeoootiful guns! You should be proud of them.

and +1 for Gidde-Up!

I see Mean Marie's .32's are on his site as well. When working the loadin' tables, I always commented on them. Such purty revolvers for such a purty woman! Hope they can make it back to the Hoosier state someday.

Spittoon's are purty as well, just waaaaay more purty than Spittoon!

ol' poke.

Them's fight'in words ya varmint!

Thanks for lookin.

KK

Here is one of my blued Ruger Bisleys that Giddy-Up chiseled for me. He can take the concept of “less is more” and run with it! I told the ole lady that when I get killed, murdered, or otherwise cash in that I want to be buried with these Bisley’s strapped around what’s left.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/S...ool/photo-2.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/S...ool/photo-3.jpg

There was a Guy named Longline Charlie?, that if you had rings on your cylinder,he would engrave across the line around the cylinder and make them look like the Chritmas Star so to speak and it hid the rings :FlagAm: Some folks would do it before the rings were there and when they showed up it looked like part of the design.

Very Very Nice!!!

Makes me want to get my guns done.

Maybe one of these days.

Thanks for sharing

WOW! Thems some fine lookin pistolas my friend. Just plum beautiful that's fer sure! ;):lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Happy trails

QDG :rolleyes:

KK that is unbelievably beautiful work. The man is a artist. That best part is so evenly matched. You don't see that. I particularly like the front sights, but the touches on the screws stand out too. Those are too nice to shoot. I am drooling.

WOW.

And what an elegant idea of hiding the lead mark on Rugers.

Maybe the factory should look into adding that touch to every single action.

I wonder if I could just send him cylinders for that little touch?

Best

CR

WOW.

And what an elegant idea of hiding the lead mark on Rugers.

Maybe the factory should look into adding that touch to every single action.

I wonder if I could just send him cylinders for that little touch?

Best

CR

Howdy pard, and thank's to all the folks and the kind words about my engraving, and I will do just cylinders, no job to small or to big, except for car motors. the ruger ring stars wouldnt cost much at all, feel free to call or PM me for info, I always have time to chat. the pistol KK has for sale is a fine gun and I sent him several Pictures of it so yall can see it in detail. Giddi-UP

Wow, that is some really nice work. I had never seen engraving in the flutes before. Usually, that is blank. Really nice work and the star on the muzzels is a nice touch!

Virgil; Giddi did tell me that the flutes are the hardest part of the gun and that he wasn't planning on doing any again real soon...lol.

KK

Archived