SASS Wire Forum

awards at big match

Guest diablo slim shootist

buckles are the only thing that get appreciated by your peers. my kid and neighbors dont care what plaques i have at home. most of your non shooting wives would probably prefer you didnt bring another plaque home. buckles are seen by shooters. thats recognition from your peers and advertisement for your match to the target audience. why wouldnt you give a $12 buckle instead of a $10 plaque?

this year we gave engraved mugs to first place as well as the buckles. didnt hear much feed back on the mugs but we thought they were cool.

CC

PS marshal PDeG get over it already your club does recognize it. what more do you need?

ok i got -buckles ,badges,plaques,beer mugs,tree stumps,glass engraved thing ama gig

bottle of Crown,military ribbon,spurs wrot iron stuff,lanters,leather do dads-and if it dont say FCGF...... :rolleyes:

We have had some nice custom made trophies at our last couple of big matchs at the Cypress Creek Cowboys. They have been nice and most all the shooters really seem to like them. But, I prefer buckles myself. Ever since getting into this sport, the buckles have always been the goal. Maybe when I get dozens of them, like other shooters, they wont mean as much to me. But for us newer guys and gals just getting started good, the buckles seems to be everyones goal

I still carry the hand-tooled leather fob on my key-ring that Big Jim made for everyone at our annual match over 10 years ago. That was a neat momento.

As another suggestion, I have never seen this awarded because it would take some fast photo work, but I think it would be really special: Present the category winners with a western-themed picture frame that contains a photo of them that was taken earlier in the day, while they were making smoke shooting a stage. You should be able to identify the category top two or three by the end of the first day, which would reduce the photographer's task.

A photo of the shooter in action at that particular match would be better, in my opinion, than the usual grinning handshake photo taken at an awards ceremony. With the digital photo printers now available, it should be doable. And you could be pretty sure that it would be displayed.

We tried this at our first Bayou Blast. It was pretty much a failure. There just wasn't enough time to get it done properly.

Gave out badges last year. They seemed well received.

Possum

Ice Cream for everyone!

At the Wyoming State Championship they gave the top 3 category winners got jars filled with chocolate. We still have the jars, The previous year they gave fancy bottles filled with jelly beans, we still have those too.

LL'

ok i got -buckles ,badges,plaques,beer mugs,tree stumps,glass engraved thing ama gig

bottle of Crown,military ribbon,spurs wrot iron stuff,lanters,leather do dads-and if it dont say FCGF...... :rolleyes:

How about engraved or etched shot glasses?

We have had some nice custom made trophies at our last couple of big matchs at the Cypress Creek Cowboys. They have been nice and most all the shooters really seem to like them. But, I prefer buckles myself. Ever since getting into this sport, the buckles have always been the goal. Maybe when I get dozens of them, like other shooters, they wont mean as much to me. But for us newer guys and gals just getting started good, the buckles seems to be everyones goal

i have one of you buckles. :rolleyes:

Wrought iron would be cool. Something in keeping with the match name or theme.

The little buffalo head paperweights that were used at the buffalo stampede were quite handsome I thought

but I like the idea of a numbered and match marked token for a clean match that is a ticket for a cool raffle prize if you do not win the prize you have the clean match token/chip engraved with the match name and clean match to wear as a pin or affix to your gun cart.

But then my only goal in CAS is to someday shoot a clean match so I have no idea what the folks who win matches would like.

Cheers

Windy

Buckles are cool.

You can uusally wear one (SG Belt), possible two (SG & Gun belt) and on the outside, three( SG,/GB and pants belt). After that, you will have to either leave the extra buckles at home or start tacking them onto your gun cart.

Blastmaster

I swap them around. Wear different ones at different times.

Only wear one at a time. On SG belt.

Bayou Blast gave some nice badges last year.

Had the name of the shoot. Bayou Blast, the year, shape of the state and some other little emblems on it.

1st was gold colored and said Champion. 2-3 was pewter colored and said winner.

Wife is always pointing out hers is Gold, mine is not. :unsure:

Might check with Possum Skinner to see where he got them. Everyone really seemed to like them.

And would bet you could get them for the right money.

The wife and I both wear them at every match on our arm bands. I really like them.

Thinking I can also use mine as a scarf slide also.

Or scarf slides with all the above on them would make a good award also. :rolleyes:

Like my Hell Fire Buckle, and wear it more than any of the others.

Just because I like it myslef.

A thought for the other division: WB, What about a military uniform ribbon for the uniform, unique to the shoot? Would take some thought huh? Or the Marksman Medal?

It would take a little extra time and energy, but that would be way cool. And I don't ever plan to do WB, but I would support it.

In the early '90s I stole an idea that was used by the West End Outlaws at the time. I took a Half Dollar, a Quarter, Dime, Nickel and a Penny and every month, I'd make conchos out of them by "dishing" them and soldering a heavy duty staple inside the "dome" for attaching them to whatever the shooter wanted.

I've got a couple hatbands fulls. Gave 2 sets each month, 1st thru 5th for Mens and Ladies winners.

For our first annual we had buckles made. We attached them to a plaque where the buckle was removal for those that wanted to.

Conchos

Plaque

In the early '90s I stole an idea that was used by the West End Outlaws at the time. I took a Half Dollar, a Quarter, Dime, Nickel and a Penny and every month, I'd make conchos out of them by "dishing" them and soldering a heavy duty staple inside the "dome" for attaching them to whatever the shooter wanted.

I've got a couple hatbands fulls. Gave 2 sets each month, 1st thru 5th for Mens and Ladies winners.

For our first annual we had buckles made. We attached them to a plaque where the buckle was removal for those that wanted to.

Conchos

Plaque

Thanks for the pics Griff they were great! Diablo

Hi Diablo,

I've seen some nice plaques. I like those that have the match logo branded or laser carved on them. Those from Wartrace that Randy posted are :wacko: However, plaques all go in a box at my house. Loved the box of goodies at Comin At Cha too. I love the bracelet and buckles they had at the US Open!

The small pin or badge would get my vote for best award idea!

Regards,

Allie Mo

e

Hi Diablo,

I've seen some nice plaques. I like those that have the match logo branded or laser carved on them. Those from Wartrace that Randy posted are :wacko: However, plaques all go in a box at my house. Loved the box of goodies at Comin At Cha too. I love the bracelet and buckles they had at the US Open!

Regards,

Allie Mo

I like badges or buckles, although right now badges would be my preference. You can wear a number of badges on a hat, shirt, or vest if you can earn them in the first place. (or 2d place, or 3d place, etc.)

Hi Diablo,

I've seen some nice plaques. I like those that have the match logo branded or laser carved on them. Those from Wartrace that Randy posted are :blush: However, plaques all go in a box at my house. Loved the box of goodies at Comin At Cha too. I love the bracelet and buckles they had at the US Open!

Regards,

Allie Mo

I think i agree on the badge idea -ill probably go with that.

Merry Christmas to yall Allie Mo :wacko:

Archived