SASS Wire Forum

awards at big match

Guest diablo slim shootist

Been thinking about awards i have received

in the past. What do yall like as awards ?

if you have pictures they would be appreciated.

im looking for something unique. :blink:

My favorite awards for SASS matches have been suspender badges. They're small, about an inch wide. I recall getting them from Starpacker at around $25 or $30 a pop. Not cheap, but you can wear 'em.

good one Doc. any more? :blink:

get awards made from poker chips, engraved, with pins on the back, that would be cool.

As I've said before, tokens or something for clean matches that give you an entry into a drawing for a gun or something.

While I'll never win them, it would be nice for the larger matches to be a bit more creative with awards, Buckles and plaques are nice, but maybe a custom saddle bag, or gun rig, gun cart, trophy, or whatever. I know some of these have been done, just sayin...

Buckles are much better than plaques!! Plaques hang on the wall at home and no one ever sees them. Someone had an idea of Badges! Kinda' like TSRA gives out only they just give 1st place.

we all have buckles-i have 3 and can only wear one-i like buckles

but around here it may have been over done-i dont know

I like our plaques for our Blackpowder shootout. They are made out of steel in the shape of a locomotive, painted black, and look like a steel target. They have a hole in them to hang them on the wall, and have the match info printed on them.

The next favorite is probably the Night shoot award my wife won. Its a black kerosene lantern with a simple matted tag hung on a chain around it. It looks cool.

DM

I'd like to see rings like Super Bowl champions win. Maybe not as fancy, they would be pretty cool. Nice badges or lapel pins. I can only wear one or two buckles at a time. Most of them are stuck in a drawer somewhere.

LL'

I have been thinking about something in Wrot iron. :blink:

Last year at Comin' Atcha Cowhand made miniature branding irons! This year T-Bone had engraved spurs with stamped straps and a Buckle and mini bottle of Crown in a Custom made and engraved box for the first place winners!

Slim ,

got one once that was 2 horse shoes welded together to make a coat hook .....that was pretty cool .

Have a good size glass mug I guess you would call it ....like ya used to get A&W rootbeer in with the name of the match etched in it .

Couple years we got a minted coin inna plastic cover that were real cool .

The only one I have out is a 4x6 and about 1/2 inch thick glass one with match and what it was for etched in it.....the base is about 2"x4" ....i like that one the best of all I have received ........got a couple of the cheap buckles and dont even know where they are at .......

Slim ,

got one once that was 2 horse shoes welded together to make a coat hook .....that was pretty cool .

Have a good size glass mug I guess you would call it ....like ya used to get A&W rootbeer in with the name of the match etched in it .

Couple years we got a minted coin inna plastic cover that were real cool .

The only one I have out is a 4x6 and about 1/2 inch thick glass one with match and what it was for etched in it.....the base is about 2"x4" ....i like that one the best of all I have received ........got a couple of the cheap buckles and dont even know where they are at .......

that last one sounds nice!!! :blink:

Minted coins sound great. Smithy.

My favorite awards for SASS matches have been suspender badges. They're small, about an inch wide. I recall getting them from Starpacker at around $25 or $30 a pop. Not cheap, but you can wear 'em.

That is the best idea I've heard so far. I've got plaques stacked to the ceiling on my closet shelf, a drawer full of buckles, and more cowboy statues and other chachkis than I have counter space for. A 1 or 2 inch diameter badge would easy to display, and not take up too much room in a drawer.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I don't win much but I like something that I can attach to my gun cart. A 2" plastic badge with shoot name on it is fine.

I despise certificates for any reason.

We are a small club(The Ozark Posse) and we take pride in having extra good targets and a very inexpensive membership and shoot fee. We give a Blue badge with the name of the club and 1st on it to category winners at our annual. A red one for second and a white one for 3rd. We have Chuckaroo make them for us with screw holes in them for mounting.

I wear one badge with my alias and Ozark Posse on it and my SASS badge on my belt. Don't need more badges to wear.

I still carry the hand-tooled leather fob on my key-ring that Big Jim made for everyone at our annual match over 10 years ago. That was a neat momento.

As another suggestion, I have never seen this awarded because it would take some fast photo work, but I think it would be really special: Present the category winners with a western-themed picture frame that contains a photo of them that was taken earlier in the day, while they were making smoke shooting a stage. You should be able to identify the category top two or three by the end of the first day, which would reduce the photographer's task.

A photo of the shooter in action at that particular match would be better, in my opinion, than the usual grinning handshake photo taken at an awards ceremony. With the digital photo printers now available, it should be doable. And you could be pretty sure that it would be displayed.

If it don't say Frontier Cartridge GunFighter on it, it don't matter. Can't win an award for a class that does not exist. :rolleyes:

When the members of SASS decide it's time for a true shootin category, I would prefer buckles. I wear three at a time.

If it don't say Frontier Cartridge GunFighter on it, it don't matter. Can't win an award for a class that does not exist. :rolleyes:

When the members of SASS decide it's time for a true shootin category, I would prefer buckles. I wear three at a time.

i agree 100%-We will offer that! FCGF-thats my favorite,and ill sign up myself!!!! <_<

I still carry the hand-tooled leather fob on my key-ring that Big Jim made for everyone at our annual match over 10 years ago. That was a neat momento.

As another suggestion, I have never seen this awarded because it would take some fast photo work, but I think it would be really special: Present the category winners with a western-themed picture frame that contains a photo of them that was taken earlier in the day, while they were making smoke shooting a stage. You should be able to identify the category top two or three by the end of the first day, which would reduce the photographer's task.

A photo of the shooter in action at that particular match would be better, in my opinion, than the usual grinning handshake photo taken at an awards ceremony. With the digital photo printers now available, it should be doable. And you could be pretty sure that it would be displayed.

jBar i like the photo idea-one of our members is a photography teacher -lets see what he says. :rolleyes:

I just like to have my name called out, preferably high up in the Top Ten Overall <_<
Yea Right Ringo-like thats going to happen!HAHA :rolleyes:

A thought for the other division: WB, What about a military uniform ribbon for the uniform, unique to the shoot? Would take some thought huh? Or the Marksman Medal?

Archived