General Rules of Conduct: The guidelines and rules contained here explain what behavior is expected of all users. The guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior they may deem inappropriate. User access to all SASS forums is a privilege- not a right, and is not connected to a benefit of membership in SASS. SASS reserves the right to suspend access to any user at any time for reasons that include, but are not limited to, a user’s failure to adhere to the provided guidelines.
Abuse on the Forums will not be tolerated.
• Offensive language, personal insults, including all racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs, as well as personal attacks, including name-calling and insults directed at other members is prohibited. No flaming, harassing, or attacking of any kind is ever allowed. “Flaming” is considered attacking another user or users in a vulgar, harsh or with the use of personal attacks. Personal attacks are not tolerated. (Ie: “You are stupid, stop being a &^^$%^”)
• Personal attacks on members, cyber bullying, libel comments or bashing/slandering of businesses, organizations, individuals or corporations will not be tolerated. Threads deemed to be an attempt to “stir the fire” or are looking for support on their attack will be removed without warning. If you have an issue with a particular organization, business, or corporation, please contact them directly. If you have an issue with a member, please contact a moderator or administrator.
• Any attacks against the forum moderators, or any employee of The Single Action Shooting Society® will not be allowed. If you disagree with an action taken by a moderator, please contact the Wire Forum Administrator.
• Controversial, religious, or political threads that are deemed inappropriate or needlessly provocative will be removed without warning.
• Images cannot contain sexual or violent content and must not violate any copyright laws. Any image deemed inappropriate will be deleted, including avatars and profile pictures. • When posting articles or news stories, only the URL to the article, the title of the article, and the source should be posted. Due to copyright laws, you are not allowed to copy and paste the content of the story into our forums, unless appropriately cited.
• The SASS Wire is for Non-Commercial postings only. Commercial posts, pile on infomercials, or links from merchants or dealers are not allowed and will be deleted without notice. Commercial promotion is available through SASS’ Affiliated Merchant Program and through SASS advertising opportunities. Please contact SASS Headquarters for more information on these programs.
• Inappropriate or offensive content and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. To assist in defining inappropriate content, ask yourself the following questions when making a post:
- Is this message SASS-related? (with the exception of the Saloon forum)
- Is this message something most members would like to read?
- Does this message add value to the forum?
- Is this something I would say to a person face-to-face?
*If you cannot answer yes to all of these questions, please reconsider posting your message.