SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Just remember to tell the boy Guns don't kill people, Dads with pretty daughters kill people Got that from a friends t shirt Regards Gateway Kid
  3. Today
  4. My college girlfriend's granddad came over with a sixteen gauge model 12 Winchester and a broad grin. I tried to trade him out of it. (The gun, not the broad grin!) He wouldn't trade.
  5. I know nothing about these ladies save only that they are about to be graduated from the premier engineering college in the world. That alone qualifies them for my most profound respect!
  6. His lever was open!! Didn't that make you go hmmmm???? Sorry, real bad call.
  7. I knew a Marine that served with ROK Marines In I corps in 69. He said they were phenomenal. They expected everyone working with them to do Tae Kwon Do with them in the morning, and he swore when they were on point they could smell the VC. Kinda sad how quickly America has forgotten our allies.
  8. I believe Nikola, Thor and other name brand competitors are all running electric trucks right now. https://www.trucknews.com/equipment/spotlight-shines-on-nikola-at-first-ever-nikola-world/1003090876/ https://insideevs.com/photo/3979066/startup-thor-claims-it-will-drop-hammer-on-tesla-semi-with-its-own-electric-truck/ Here is the creepiest one yet.... no cab by Volvo. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2018/09/16/new-volvo-trucks-autonomous-semi-is-a-cabless-tractor-pod/#715507f7436c
  9. I used a .30-30 to win the long range event at Comin' Back Atcha 2018... I think that far target was in the neighborhood of 300-350 yards. My Winchester 94 is a full octagon 26" bbl with tang peep and globe front sight. My loads are 27 grains of RE7 behind a hardcast 150 grain GCFN traveling @ 2160fps (ave.). I've won a couple of long range shoots where the shoot-off occured at 400 yards (One of those against a hundred year old 30WCF rifle).... Yep, windy days are whole nuther story... but if the weather is cooperating, even my little 16" Trapper in .30-30 can ding those silhouette pigs with boring regularity. (300 meters). I just love to whoop up on some dunderhead that under-estimates the little ol' "thuty-thuty"! Maintain a positive attitude... there's already more than enough gun writers that say a .30-30 isn't capable of killing deer... and shots over 100 yards are just luck... need we add to that myth? Personally, I beg to differ... with them and ALL those here that na-say the world's finest, (and may I remind others), first commercial smokeless cartridge! (Yeah, yeah... on the American continent)! It hasn't lost a single step in its 125 years of existence. Have I been beat by .45-70s & 38-55s, sure... but I've beaten my fair share of those... (Afterall, there are better shooters than me out there... somewhere)!!! Practice, practice, then practice some more. Shoot that rifle in all sorts of conditions, at all sorts of ranges, get to be "ONE" with your rifle. Work with your rifle to improve its inherent accuracy, work with your load to improve its inherent accuracy... then work to improve YOUR inherent accuracy.
  10. When Harry Houdini was on the vaudeville circuit, he met a young couple and their boy child. Harry said, "Now that is a real buster!" and that's how Buster Keaton got his nickname.
  11. Maybe a Tesla pickup isn’t that far off.
  12. http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/?fbclid=IwAR1HXzAdjQ8hkFtl4geV87BHqQLUYcDbioMD757vwCSHnl2vzgdZ4-W3sLk
  13. In the movie "Deliverance", did anyone else notice that the mountain boy played the banjo clawhammer style, while the music that was playing was three finger Scruggs style?
  14. Thank you Goody... but in all honesty, I enjoyed almost every moment of my service... It feels a little awkward to accept thanks for something I did voluntarily.
  15. I’m thinking the folks up in Reno, Nevada would be pretty happy to see a Tesla pickup, that’s where they’ll be built. Coming back from San Diego today there was about 30 Teslas in a convoy on the north bound 15 just south of Rancho Bernardo, there must have been a rally somewhere.
  16. I have seen many friends depart this game, either by just hanging up their shootin' irons, or shaking off their mortal coil. Over the many years I have been involved, there have been far too many... but, I am a richer man for having had the opportunity to know and associate with them, regardless of why they quit. Some of those that have just (temporarily as far as I'm concerned), hung up their shooting irons, I'm still friends with. And value that friendship all the more when we can get together. I recently lost my partner and best friend in all aspects of life.. after marriage and dating for 49 years... Among those that came by to help celebrate her life were former shooting pards... workmates and family... Cards and notes from others that couldn't attend reminded me of how much we all affect the lives of others. Amen brother.
  17. +1. Although I ain't bolted down the "all brass" hole just yet... (can't seem to get my wad pressure dialed in), they're only for the uber kool drool factor others seem to have! When they aren't steppin on them!!!
  18. I have a pair of 44-40 SS Old Model Vaqueros 4 3/4 barrels Whiter Ruger grips , these are unmolested guns. I was just considering listing them, These are the holy grail of vaqueros. I have never fired them but they were very little if at all before i got them YEARSSSSS ago. If that is what You Buddy is looking that can be had by him!
  19. BTT had a few a few offers, got back to them then they just seem to fade away & you don't know if they're still interested or not? If not then please reply with "I think I'll pass, thank you" , but leaving one hanging in mid air is frustrating to say the least?
  20. It should be, but there are those with an agenda who will make sure it never happens.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.