SASS Wire Forum

CQ CQ CQ

Posted (edited)

de KI5RGH/AG

Edit to ad:  There were nine people testing this morning, including two USAF airmen (their co-worker that brought them, probably not 20 years old himself, is already an Extra).

I got my General, one advanced to Extra and the rest all passed their Technician exams.

Edited by Chief Rick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations. Its a lot easier to acquire a Ham License now then back when questions were 50/50. 1/2 being able to know Morse Code, answers given in code. Extra was the hardest. Passed first time by an 80%.

I've given up Ham Radio, had a YAESU 401B and able to reach many countries. Was WD9FGX.

us38e.thumb.jpg.f8d063fbd16f811142f2ba2584006079.jpg

• Like 2

I'm going out on a limb here, and saying that there were nine people "Testing" this morning?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I'm going out on a limb here, and saying that there were nine people "Testing" this morning?

Well, some may have also been more relaxed than others.:D

• Haha 1

Congratulations on getting your General. I remember when I took my General exam at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio back in 1970, when I was a senior in high school. The examiner played the code test on a Wollensak reel to reel desktop tape recorder. It took me a couple of seconds to adapt to the echo in the room. Thankfully. that was during a series of Vs.

73 de K5JX

• Thanks 1

Outstanding!

There is a delight in reaching halfway around the world on less power than it takes to light the bulb in your refrigerator!

De KD8NGE sksk

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...