SASS Wire Forum

Bloop!

My uncle talked very little about his time in-country.

The only time he did, he said he jumped out of the Bird into a hot zone, he bellied down on a dike.

The forty-gunner took a round on his left an the radio operator took a round on his right, he leveled his rifle and fired one shot, and the round stuck in the chamber.

He said he dogrobbed the forty gunner of his bloop tube and the radio operator of his .45 automatic, and he broke that damned Made By Mattel gun in two against a tree -- "the 40 operated just like the H&R Topper I hunted rabbits with as a kid and it never let me down!"

To this DAY he has a loathing and an utter hatred of the Made By Mattel!

It's a handy thing for a zombie invasion, as long as you remember the arming distance.

autotwb1279.gif

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

It's a handy thing for a zombie invasion, as long as you remember the arming distance.

autotwb1279.gif

Needs to rotate so many times to wind up the fuse.

They also make an AP round that's a shotgun blast of ballbearings.

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

I carried one for a while--best part was the vest that held all the ammo--distributed the weight and shoulders took a bunch of the strain off your back.

Buddy of mine carried them loose in a canvas bag slung from his shoulder, similar to bicycle messenger bag. 

44 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

They also make an AP round that's a shotgun blast of ballbearings.

For some reason that escapes me right now, during my misspent youth in The Marines, even as an 81mm Mortarman, I decided that it would be a Fine Thing if I had an M203 attached to my M16. Somewhere along the way, I acquired a few of those Buckshot rounds for it. I carried them with me every time we went to the field. And I'm just talking about Camp Lejune.

59 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Yup. See my post above about my buddy who carried one. He fired a round under the canopy and said it just rattled around amongst the trees like a golf ball and just fell to the ground. 

Archived