SASS Wire Forum

Refrigerator Light Repair—-UPDATED On Last Post.

The light in our older LG refrigerator works very rarely. I’ve changed bulbs and replaced the switches in the hinges to no avail. We’ve had 2 different repair outfits out and they want anywhere from $800.00 to $1,100.00 upfront to order a board that they say might or might not solve the problem, no guarantees. So I found these motion sensing LED lights on Amazon and for about $60.00 I fixed the problem. The lights are rechargeable and the charge lasts quite awhile and Mrs. Lose is very pleased. My stepson and his wife have been complaining about the same problem and they took my advice and did the same thing.

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7

mine was an oven , its over 60 years old , my wife said the bulb just came off in her hand 0 im sure it did , we hsave lived her 33 years , the house was 30 years old whe we bought it as the second owners , i dont believe ive ever replaced it in all of our years here , i got it done with a pair of needle nose ....not my first rodeo , its interesting some of these bulbs ;last so long ---but then its a double oven and the other bulb is still working at this point , 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE::: if the light fails to light and you know the battery is charged wipe the lens of the motion detector with a paper towel. It seems moisture or dew build up and keep the sensor from operating. The motion detector lens is the dark gray circular area on the round light and the lighter protruding circular area on the long light.

IMG_5015.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Yul Lose changed the title to Refrigerator Light Repair—-UPDATED On Last Post.