SASS Wire Forum

Primer Info

Fallon Kid

Just some info about non-mainstream primers.  Last month I bought, shall I say, a lot of Ginex primers. Sportsman WH has Fiocchi limited to 1500 per day. I am getting ready for good weather shooting and have loaded about 6k of various SASS calibers. I have used both Ginex Lg & Sml pistol and Sml Fiocchi pistol without problem. I have used them in 4 last matches with no incident or misfire. My 73 rifle is rather light as are my colts. Primers all go boom.   The Ginex were about 300 bucks per 5k. Anyway I remember seeing a few questions about these primers and wanted to get a track record to pass on my experience.

Note: Loading done on RL1050.      And when you stow your ready primers on the shelf, make sure the Ginex are orientated with sleeve sideways so it don’t slip out.  Pictures at 11 of me on hands and knees picking up. LOL

PrimersSASS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ive set them on edge the wrong way - you only do it once before you tape the ends or learn to orient them on edge - funny how the go everywhere , im still finding one from time to time and that was a year ago , if you hadnt admited it id still be hiding it ............they dont go back into that little tray well either , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for this post. I am a dealer for Ginex primers and trying to get people to try them is difficult. I have not had any issues with failures to fire either… I tell folks to at least try them and, until they fully trust them, use them for practice and save the federals for match ammo. :)

Hugs!

Scarlett

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 3

im still gonna place that order that i mentioned when you were recovering , ill add some of those to the order when i do , i like them fine , ive not been able to find federals here and im just over an hour from their plant , 

always open to a hug , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Playing pick up from dropping primers is a required part of reloading! The real fun is later when you are using a shop vac and suck one up! That will make you want to freckle your rompers!

• Haha 2

I bought some Ginex from Tell Sackett a couple years ago, just to try them out.  Not as soft as Federals, but they were okay.  What I did to keep the sleeves from coming out was to stuff them sideways into a shotshell box.  Tight fit, but it worked. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I store my primers sleeves flat, not on edge.  Have I been storing wrong all these years?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Thanks for this post. I am a dealer for Ginex primers and trying to get people to try them is difficult. I have not had any issues with failures to fire either… I tell folks to at least try them and, until they fully trust them, use them for practice and save the federals for match ammo. :)

Hugs!

Scarlett

They are outstanding primers. The maker is a NATO supplier. 

I have used them for many years.

Store flat.... ;)

• Thanks 3