SASS Wire Forum

Boot Makers

Looking for recommendations of someone to make a pair of stovepipe boots to my measurements. Only got 3 years out of the first set of Abilene boots I bought, and the most recent set the quality has gone downhill. I had an appointment with David Espinoza in Phoenix to get measured for a pair, but unfortunately he passed away before we could get them started. 

• Sad 2

Becks boots in amarillo, tx has been building boots for a long time. Also the American boot company in amarillo builds good boots to order.

Jax T

• Thanks 1

I have a pair from Caboots in El Paso.  I went to the store several years ago and had my feet/calves measured by Joey. 

Price and turn-around time were both very good, IMO.  Most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

Period boots

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Is Buffalo Boots still in Business?

If you mean Buffalo Runner, there is a company but I have doubts that it is the same boots that Horsefly used to sell. 

It's been many years since I bought my last pair of Paul Bond boots in Nogales, AZ... but they're holding up well.  They're not just a glitzy Hollywood maker.  

If your uppers are still in good shape, consider having them resoled.  It can be difficult finding a good shop for that also, but... if they fit good, why toss 'em?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Griff said:

It's been many years since I bought my last pair of Paul Bond boots in Nogales, AZ... but they're holding up well.  They're not just a glitzy Hollywood maker.  

If your uppers are still in good shape, consider having them resoled.  It can be difficult finding a good shop for that also, but... if they fit good, why toss 'em?

Paul Bond is certainly on the list. My dad has a pair of dress boots they made in Shark that are almost 50 years old. Granted they aren’t worn every day. I’ll probably go see them but they are certainly the highest cost of any of the makers I’m looking at. 

my existing boots just aren’t holding up at all. I did 3 sets of soles, and at this point it would be like putting a brand new set of BFG’s on a Hugo from a junk yard. 

• Haha 1