SASS Wire Forum

California residents buying rounds?

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

I had one rep respond to an email with something to the effect of "You're not on my district, don't contact me again".

California could easily have ten thousand to fifteen thousand within each assembly district contact their Assemblyman and same for our State Senate.

It's great that you and others showed up, but what percentage of gun owners was it?

11 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

California could easily have ten thousand to fifteen thousand within each assembly district contact their Assemblyman and same for our State Senate.

It's great that you and others showed up, but what percentage of gun owners was it?

Don't know the exact number, but enough that they had to put most of us in other rooms to watch the proceedings because there weren't enough seats where they were holding the hearing.  IIRC the vast majority of the people who were there and who spoke were pro-gun.

And it didn't matter.  They used the "emergency" provision that allowed them to bypass the regular steps.   No public hearings, no extended discussions and no opposition from the Republican minority leaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_after_the_Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting#Connecticut

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chantry said:

And it didn't matter.  They used the "emergency" provision that allowed them to bypass the regular steps.   No public hearings, no extended discussions and no opposition from the Republican minority leaders.

Sounds like our "gut and amend" shell game.  Take a bill, keep the bill number and title, strip out the original text and insert a completely different bill.  Usually used at the last minute to pass legislation that wouldn't normally pass.

• Sad 1

I heard back from LAX Ammo
They will ship all orders taken prior to the 2/5 rescind date.

Any orders after 2/5 cannot be shipped to CA.
Mine was placed 2/3, so will get shipped to me eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm trying to understand the emergency which disqualifies NRA instructors in California.

IMO, the only reason the state did not qualify "Everytown For Gun Safety" instructors at the same time is that organization does not provide any safety training.

Edited by John Kloehr

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

It's always amazing that politicians actually believe that criminals are going to heed laws...any laws. 

It’s all about control. Nothing more. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

I'm trying to understand the emergency which disqualifies NRA instructors in California.

IMO, the only reason the state did not qualify "Everytown For Gun Safety" instructors at the same time is that organization does not provide any safety training.

There isn't one.  Using an "emergency" is a quick way for politicians to pass things in a much shorter time frame and with much less interference from us voters and organizations opposed to whatever law they trying to pass. 

• Like 1