SASS Wire Forum

Is there anything that hurts worse

Oak Ridge Regulator

On 12/22/2023 at 8:09 PM, DeaconKC said:

"Remember that when you catch yourself in your zipper, anything you do, including nothing, will hurt."

I thought of this when I was watching THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY. That was just so stupid.

You take a pair of scissors and you cut the zipper underneath your wedding tackle. Then you pull the zipper apart. Running the zip part back down over your boys - how idiotic can you be?

On 12/22/2023 at 9:17 PM, Michigan Slim said:

I spent a summer in bandages, in and out of a burn unit. My siblings remember that year. I do not. I remember falling in the fire, the look on my mothers face running up to me, and that pain is white and tastes like metal

The mind likes to hide unpleasant memories.

Until I read your words, I'd forgotten that ... yes, it is white, and yes it does taste like metal.

I can recall color and flavor detachedly, without resurrecting the specific examples, so all's well in that department.

As far as the worst pain, others have suffered far worse than I, though I've had more than enough to suit me!

i wont disagree with that , i cant remember any of the pain i know i was experiencing after my accident , i dont recall any of the pain after in healing , but i do recall once waking up after feeling it and mostly because it upset others when i experienced it , my wife never mentions memory of her burns but i cant speak for her actual recollections , 

i know i live with pains ever single day but i dont wake in the morning expecting them , arthritis and other old age things just creep up on you , unless i get something in the night i sleep and forget till i get up in the morning , i think thats a good thing 

Going back to the OP, and banging your shin in ten degree weather!

For some reason, COLD seems to amplify pain.

I know iced concrete is harder than bare concrete -- it is not logical, but it is often so, to quote Spock -- I know a "Home Alone" fall on concrete, at work, midnight shift, twenty below zero, I'm laying flat on my back gritting my teeth and refusing to admit I'm seeing stars, until I consider ...

*nok nok* .. hello, Einstein ... it's nighttime and you're flat on your back, dim bulb, of COURSE you're seeing stars! -- now where was I?

(Oh look, a squirrel!)

Oh yeah. Cold. 

I've hit my shin bone hard enough on a hitch to make a 3/4 ton Dodge ring like a bell, I've been laughed at for gripping my injured shin while hopping up and down on the other leg profaning the air blue, apparently the sight of a fat old man doing the Flintstone was amusing to the crew.

Banging said shin at a much colder temp would hurt all the worse!

Kicked in the head by a horse hasn’t got a damn thing on putting your finger between a post driver and a t-post on a cold day. I had to sit down a minute before I could even begin to look over the damage done that day. Finger still hurts when I think about it. 

Howdy

There is pain and there is duration of pain.

I thought I knew pain but when I got a scan done

and they injected some sort of contrast stuff Not only did it

hurt but the pain continued.. Im  not sure how long but

on a scale of 1 to 10  this was a 400.

pain hurts.

Best

CR

I keep meaning to get the name of that stuff tattooed on my arm.

10 hours ago, Wallaby Damned said:

Kicked in the head by a horse hasn’t got a damn thing on putting your finger between a post driver and a t-post on a cold day. I had to sit down a minute before I could even begin to look over the damage done that day. Finger still hurts when I think about it. 

Getting a gloved thumb pulled into a log splitter brought me just short of passing out!! Made my thumb look like a putty knife for a while! All good now!

Archived