SASS Wire Forum

Ernestine Calls

Sedalia Dave

Watching Ernestine reminded me of her "Laugh-In" colleague Ruth Buzzi, and an interview Ruth gave years ago.  When asked how she spends her time while traveling, Ruth responded, "Cleaning toilets."  When the laughter died down Ruth explained:  "When you are famous and someone sees you go into a bathroom, they will think that it was you who made the mess in there.  So, I clean up the mess."  I think of Ruth Buzzi every time I go in a dirty public restroom.

Sorry for the tangent.

54 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Watching Ernestine reminded me of her "Laugh-In" colleague Ruth Buzzi, and an interview Ruth gave years ago.  When asked how she spends her time while traveling, Ruth responded, "Cleaning toilets."  When the laughter died down Ruth explained:  "When you are famous and someone sees you go into a bathroom, they will think that it was you who made the mess in there.  So, I clean up the mess."  I think of Ruth Buzzi every time I go in a dirty public restroom.

Sorry for the tangent.

image.thumb.png.001e7ed36124940d64d475903ed9da8a.png

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

image.thumb.png.001e7ed36124940d64d475903ed9da8a.png

Arte Johnson: “Do you believe in the hereafter?”

Ruth: “Why, yes.”

Arte: “Then you know what I’m here after.”

Which is followed by a savage beating with her purse. 

Dang, there was some great writing and performing on that show. 

:) 

OMG, it's to bad there aren't funny shows on TV like we used to watch back then.  When we watched them, we never had a thought in our mind about politics.  It was about having fun watching  "Laugh In", and other funny TV shows, and then later going to bed and waking up in the morning and going to work.  My, what a different world we live in.

Archived