SASS Wire Forum

ALCS game

Rye Miles #13621

24 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

These announcers talk too much!

Horrible!

Go Rangers!

I'm not able to watch almost any sport without the sound being on mute these days. The announcers for the Rays and the announcers for NASCAR (namely Jeff Burton and Earnhardt Jr.) are enough to make me go Elvis on the tv...so I just press the mute button for the sound bar. Matter of fact, it's on mute now!

Go Rangers, kick some cheater butt!

I have no dog in the hunt, I just want to see a good game.

In baseball I usually enjoy the announcers m, especially the local ones.  "Back when we were playing....(fill in instructive or humorous anecdotes)."

And the obscure statistics (everything goes into baseball stats!), "Sanchez is the first left-handed, albino short stop to hit home runs in consecutive innings in the post season." To me it adds to the...relaxed tension?....of the game.

Football, no, they talk too much.

Hockey, the game moves too fast for much chatter.

I don't watch basketball.

One of the things that’s really annoying are the on-camera dugout interviews while the game is being played. Where a member of the team that’s just come off the field dons a headset, stares into a camera and yaks with an announcer. Meanwhile, there’s action on the field not being shown. 

I’d LOVE to see the Lawmen and the Serpents in the World Series!!

I’m glad Dusty Baker finally got a World Series ring. I just wish it had been with ANYBODY but the Asstros!!

6 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

One of the things that’s really annoying are the on-camera dugout interviews while the game is being played. Where a member of the team that’s just come off the field dons a headset, stares into a camera and yaks with an announcer. Meanwhile, there’s action on the field not being shown. 

I liked when a player in the field was mic-ed up.  Fascinating to hear a guy talking about his childhood or something as he spears a hot line drive and fires the ball to the baseman for a double play.  They make it seem so easy.

The thing that bugged me the most was one of the announcers was trying to guess the next pitch and what it should be because if the hitter’s tendencies to swing at certain pitches blah blah blah, he was wrong 90% of the time. Geeez shut up already !:angry:

The Rays announcers, Dwayne Statts and Brian Anderson interview Stu Steinberg (the lying, cheap, pos Rays owner) about once every three weeks. The interview lasts anywhere between 1 to 2 innings. During the interview, the game on the field is ignored for the most part. Glad the sound is off but missing the game on the field is very annoying, especially since it's Steinberg they are interviewing.

16 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Two down, two to go.

Go Rangers!

Yes!!!! Go Rangers!

Rangers-DBacks World Series, hopefully.

9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Rangers-DBacks World Series, hopefully.

That's what I’d like to see ! 

Archived