SASS Wire Forum

WTB Ron Snover short stroke kit

16 minutes ago, JB Sledge said:

I have 4 of his rifles, wouldn't give any of them up!! I know my brother has one of his kits (never used) I will check with him.

Cheers

JB Sledge

Thank you!

Hello Fireball,

Just talked to my brother (Dutch Coroner) and he said that he is not interested in selling Ron's SS Kit that he has. Since they are no more, he is holding on to it for the future. Sorry so good luck in finding one. I did want to ask you about your mag tubes, Hud McCoy told me that you are making tubes out of carbon fiber.I would be 

interested in one for my 24 inch rifle if it is available.

Thanks for your time.

JB Sledge

9 hours ago, JB Sledge said:

Hello Fireball,

Just talked to my brother (Dutch Coroner) and he said that he is not interested in selling Ron's SS Kit that he has. Since they are no more, he is holding on to it for the future. Sorry so good luck in finding one. I did want to ask you about your mag tubes, Hud McCoy told me that you are making tubes out of carbon fiber.I would be 

interested in one for my 24 inch rifle if it is available.

Thanks for your time.

JB Sledge

Thanks for following up with him JB!  I am making CF tubes, I'll PM you about that!

1 hour ago, Mister Badly said:

If you had one in hand could you duplicate it?

I appreciate the thought.  If I wanted to invest lots hours on the mill, build fixtures I'd use once and probably have a couple set backs and maybe have to start over, Source hardened pins, learn how to properly weld them, buy a furnace, learn how to color case harden the carrier lifter arm?  Then, yeah, I'm sure I could duplicate it.:lol: 

Seriously though, I have one.  I'd just like one for my other gun. 

Maybe somebody could get with Ron and reproduce these again, as I'm sure that there could be a market. I was looking for these years ago and gave up, so I'm second in line if you find one!!

2 minutes ago, Preacherman said:

Maybe somebody could get with Ron and reproduce these again, as I'm sure that there could be a market. I was looking for these years ago and gave up, so I'm second in line if you find one!!

I think you should start making them!:lol:

I was wondering if Ron had a cnc file. I was also thinking about using a wire edm. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow when I clean my rifle. I worked at GM as a machine repair/machinist in Spring Hill TN and had some wire edm exposure. My focus was predominantly machine maintenance/welding/pipefitting and millwright. We only had 3 trades classifications. My specialty was demolition and lifting heavy things no one else could. They hated asking because they knew I'd rub it in.

I know a guy who knows Ron. I'll call him and ask him for some info.

3 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I was wondering if Ron had a cnc file. I was also thinking about using a wire edm. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow when I clean my rifle. I worked at GM as a machine repair/machinist in Spring Hill TN and had some wire edm exposure. My focus was predominantly machine maintenance/welding/pipefitting and millwright. We only had 3 trades classifications. My specialty was demolition and lifting heavy things no one else could. They hated asking because they knew I'd rub it in.

I know a guy who knows Ron. I'll call him and ask him for some info.

I don't know what is making you think Ron would just give away the file.  Whatever his path to perfecting the parts, he has an investment in it.  I've talked to him.  He has his CNC mill for sale, for $18K you can buy the mill and the files for the SS kit are in it.  He's not sure the mill runs though, as it's been a few years.  Unless you have other uses for an out of date mill/controller, the ROI on this one would be a no go for me. Enough about all that.

Still looking for a Snover SS kit.:rolleyes:

Just to add to this conversation I am owner operator of a commercial heat treating facility I have 45 years in the business, sooooo obviously I have treated my after market parts (pioneer parts) and I have no fear shooting heavy loads in my 73 rifles for fear of bending the arms...... I have dozens of machine shop customers who I trade favors with from time to time. Alas as Deuce stated it would be a non money making pursuit strictly a self satisfaction to continue a great product line for all 10 cowboys interested :)

Reverse engineering required so yea anybody have a set :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Will Burn Powder said:

Just to add to this conversation I am owner operator of a commercial heat treating facility I have 45 years in the business, sooooo obviously I have treated my after market parts (pioneer parts) and I have no fear shooting heavy loads in my 73 rifles for fear of bending the arms...... I have dozens of machine shop customers who I trade favors with from time to time. Alas as Deuce stated it would be a non money making pursuit strictly a self satisfaction to continue a great product line for all 10 cowboys interested :)

Reverse engineering required so yea anybody have a set :rolleyes:

I have a set...

If someone gets this going I would be a buyer for more than one set. 

Archived