SASS Wire Forum

Saw a new Marlin 1894 “Classic” today at Gun Store

Pat Riot

I was at my favorite gun store/range today and after I was gone shooting I was looking around snd came across the new Marlin 1894 Classic .44 Magnum in one of the displays. 
I couldn’t take a photo but it looked really nice. 
The price was $1249.00 :o

This store usually has some pretty decent pricing on most of their guns. That price surprised me. The MSRP is $1239. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

I was at my favorite gun store/range today and after I was gone shooting I was looking around snd came across the new Marlin 1894 Classic .44 Magnum in one of the displays. 
I couldn’t take a photo but it looked really nice. 
The price was $1249.00 :o

This store usually has some pretty decent pricing on most of their guns. That price surprised me. The MSRP is $1239. 

Apparently Vaqueros are in the $850 range and it's been 15 years since Remington bought Marlin and then sold us rifles that were less than perfect.  I'm hearing that Ruger is doing a very good job with the Marlin lever guns, but they cost more for the better quality.  I think we've also been spoiled somewhat by the reduced cost of  polymer based guns compared to all metal & wood guns. 

3 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Apparently Vaqueros are in the $850 range and it's been 15 years since Remington bought Marlin and then sold us rifles that were less than perfect.  I'm hearing that Ruger is doing a very good job with the Marlin lever guns, but they cost more for the better quality.  I think we've also been spoiled somewhat by the reduced cost of  polymer based guns compared to all metal & wood guns. 

What you mean "WE", Kemosabe, I haven't got a single "plastic fantastic".  Wouldn't give one houseroom.

5 minutes ago, Chantry said:

I was just surprised because most Ruger guns store prices are usually a couple of hundred dollars under MSRP. Now it could be that this store priced it high, but in my experience they maintain reasonable pricing on new guns. 

I've seen gun stores and internet for sale companies pricing the first Ruger 1895 45-70 Marlins for $1000 over MSRP and dumbasses paying the price.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public.   Hey, enough of them voted for Joe Biteme who is now our "Commander In Chief."

Saw one at a LGS for $1099, it lasted less than a hour.  It is a fine looking rifle from what I felt and saw.  I'm holding out for the .357.  Given today's market, the price was fair.

I am still dreaming of the return of the 336 Texan...its a nice dream.

Archived