SASS Wire Forum

1970 Cadillac El Dorado convertible

Black and chrome with a black interior.  The top was down and it looked like an aircraft carrier on wheels.  Beautiful car (and I've never much cared for Cadillacs).  I tried to catch it for a closer look but it made the light and I didn't.

Boulevard Barge!  Land Yacht!

They are from a time when “Personal Luxury” meant just that!!  Power, speed, and comfort!  They weren’t quick nor were they nimble, but they WERE smooth and luxurious and offered room and quality!

A black convertible with a black interior in Arizona. :blink:
I can feel the heat coming off of it from here. :lol:

Forty that’s one of my favorite cars. I got to ride in one as a kid then years later a neighbor of mine had one but it may have been a ‘71 or ‘72. Both were red. The one I rode in had red sears. My neighbor’s had white leather seats. Both were gorgeous, garage kept and well maintained. 

Years ago my wife had a gray/silver Chrysler Le Baron convertible with a black top and black interior. One hot sunny day we left the top down and went into a store for about a half hour. I was wearing shorts and a tank top. My wife also had in shorts and a tank top.  When we got back into the car we both immediately excited the car much faster than when we got in. Man, we’re those seats hot! Hot, hot, hot, hot, Hooootttt!

We both had first degree burns on the backs of our legs and I had a nice scorch mark on my left shoulder. 
We went back into the store and bought 2 big white beach towels to lay over the seats. A few days later I bought like seat covers for her car. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

A black convertible with a black interior in Arizona. :blink:
I can feel the heat coming off of it from here. :lol:

20221018_143536_HDR.thumb.jpg.242e6adec56031528fdded2cc1586ba1.jpg

Black on black is gorgeous - but no more pleasant in Southern Nevada than Arizona.

Tho my new grandson seems to like it.

OBVIOUSLY - he is not sitting on the seat in 112 heat - it was about 75 when I took that picture a couple weeks back.

20230506_165709.jpg

4 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

20221018_143536_HDR.thumb.jpg.242e6adec56031528fdded2cc1586ba1.jpg

Black on black is gorgeous - but no more pleasant in Southern Nevada than Arizona.

Tho my new grandson seems to like it.

OBVIOUSLY - he is not sitting on the seat in 112 heat - it was about 75 when I took that picture a couple weeks back.

20230506_165709.jpg

That’s a nice ride. :)

I had a black in black on black (interior, exterior, and top) '67 Bonneville convertible a long time ago, definite land yacht.

But found out real fast it collected dust even when pulling out from the car wash. First and last black car I owned.

34 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I had a black in black on black (interior, exterior, and top) '67 Bonneville convertible a long time ago, definite land yacht.

But found out real fast it collected dust even when pulling out from the car wash. First and last black car I owned.

Been there, done that,  hot, but don't they look great freshly washed and waxed!

Archived