SASS Wire Forum

June 25th - Another date of Infamy

Trailrider #896

June 25, 1876, Battle of Little Big Horn where the 7th Cavalry suffered a severe defeat with the loss of LTC George Armstrong Custer and 260+ men at the hands of Sioux and Cheyenne warriors. :(

June 25, 1950, North Korean Peoples Army invades South Korea.  The result was three years of active fighting between United Nations forces (most of whom were American GI's and Marines) and North Korean and Chinese forces, which is still technically in effect, as only an armistice has been in effect, and North Korea still poses a threat of nuclear war! :o

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

June 25, 1876, Battle of Little Big Horn where the 7th Cavalry suffered a severe defeat with the loss of LTC George Armstrong Custer and 260+ men at the hands of Sioux and Cheyenne warriors. :(

June 25, 1950, North Korean Peoples Army invades South Korea.  The result was three years of active fighting between United Nations forces (most of whom were American GI's and Marines) and North Korean and Chinese forces, which is still technically in effect, as only an armistice has been in effect, and North Korea still poses a threat of nuclear war! :o

Not even an armistice, just a cease fire....which the North Koreans have violated numerous times.

Like Al Swearengen said in Deadwood, “ The dirt worshippers have now sealed their fate”:o

55 years ago today, 1 month after our marriage, my bride handed me my very first Honey Do list.

11 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Growing up my mom used to be a strict swear word nazi and wouldn't even let me say "damn". But once I reminded her that there was at least one time in history when using the "F" word was appropriate.

"Where the f%^# did all these Indians come from?!?"

- LTC George Armstrong Custer, 1876

Archived