SASS Wire Forum

Scarlett

Thank you, @Jimmy Spurs! I did a super duper cleaning job on my Jimmy Spurs 73 and when I reassembled it … it was all shiny and pretty but didn’t function properly. 

I hated to have to call Jimmy for help - I feel like I shoulda been able to fix it myself -  I WILL next time!

Turns out I had the little leaf springs either too loose or too tight and when I put the side plates on they moved and it locked up. Jimmy walked me through it - didn’t fuss at me :D and got me all set! It was a good 45 minute phone call and I’m MUCH more confident about being able to fix my rifle in the future. 

Jimmy warranties his work for life - whether you’re the original owner or not. He’s my go to for my Rugers, too! Honestly, there’s no one better with the Rugers than Jimmy. His customer service is outstanding, too. 

Oh, Cowboy Gun Works is also Cowboy Gun Works Maple Syrup! It’s DELICIOUS! Straight from his farm in Vermont! 

If you talk to him tell him Scarlett sends a hug. :wub:

Big hugs!

Scarlett

He's a good guy AND a great gunsmith.

The 1st time I met Jimmy Spurs was at 'Guns of August' a few years back.

He didn't know me and we had never met before.

I was having trouble with my shotgun and Jimmy stopped what he was doing to

help me out.   It only took a few minutes, but his help was very important to me at

that time.    Then he says he wants to show me something...... he goes and get a SUPER NICE

Marlin 94 that he had worked on.    It was nice..... VERY NICE.

If I hadn't already owned a few, I would have bought it.

Nice feller......... and unselfish with his time.

..........Widder

Jimmy is the best. Got my latest pair of pistols from him and they shoot way better than I do. :) 

Sassy Boots about treat you like a piñata if you tried to take one of her Jimmy Spur NMVs.  Excellent work and nice fellow with whom to do business.    

Scarlett,

Over twenty years ago we had the opportunity to shoot "The Great Nor'easter". We were a very long way from home and I was shooting Black and having more than a little bit of trouble with my rifle. I stopped at Jimmy Spurs trailer (shop) to ask if he could help me with the problem I was having. He stopped what he was doing and talked me through the fix with a smile on his face. I went back to my trailer and performed the fix and it worked great for many years after that. That was my only encounter with the man and he left a lasting positive  impression on me.

Jasper

On 5/17/2023 at 10:29 PM, Jasper Agate said:

Scarlett,

Over twenty years ago we had the opportunity to shoot "The Great Nor'easter". We were a very long way from home and I was shooting Black and having more than a little bit of trouble with my rifle. I stopped at Jimmy Spurs trailer (shop) to ask if he could help me with the problem I was having. He stopped what he was doing and talked me through the fix with a smile on his face. I went back to my trailer and performed the fix and it worked great for many years after that. That was my only encounter with the man and he left a lasting positive  impression on me.

Jasper

That sounds like him! Thanks for sharing that story. 

Big hugs!

Scarlett

Archived