SASS Wire Forum

Lead (PB) 122

33 minutes ago, "Big Boston" said:

Google seems to indicate is an isotope of lead with 122 neutrons. What is a neutron?

It replaced the old-tron.

La Sombra

54 minutes ago, "Big Boston" said:

Google seems to indicate is an isotope of lead with 122 neutrons. What is a neutron?

Neutron:

subatomic particle of about the same mass as a proton but without an electric charge, present in all atomic nuclei except those of ordinary hydrogen. :P 

Much clearer now eh!

Somebody is a smart **ss.

Whats the real answer? Or isn’t there one?

Sam Sackett 

(Pb) 122 is an unusual way of identifying an lead isotope.  The conventional way of identifying isotopes of elements is to add the atomic number to the number of neutrons.  Therefore the conventional designation for this lead is lead-204 which isn't the end product of radioactive decay of uranium & thorium.  It has the smallest abundance on earth, 1.40% and because, it isn't created by a natural process the percentage will decrease over time.

Just now, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Cool. I still wanna know what kind of lead Randy has. And I bet he wants to know if he can make bullets with it. :)

It is a stable isotope (Non-radioactive) and is used in Solder, Building materials, Bullets, among other things.

Lead-204 Isotope Applications:

I suspect that if you had the right buyer that is is worth more per pound than the lead we typically make bullets from. Might be worth googling and contacting a supplier to see if it is worth significantly more that non-isotope lead. 

Archived