SASS Wire Forum

~UPDATE~ Ides of March 2023 - 2/26/2023

The Outlaw Travis James

~UPDATE~
Ides of March 2023 - 2/26/2023

image.thumb.jpeg.f2165040050882d4689dc625ff737564.jpeg
We are 18 days away from the 2023 SASS Florida State Championship!
Application: https://actionshootingnetwork.com/event/357/the-ides-of-march/ 

THE CURRENT STATISTICS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

• 205 Registered Shooters
  • 31 Shooters for Wild Bunch
  • 109 Side Match Shooters
  • 36 Head to Head Shooters

If you would like to attend but still have not sent in your application, please do so ASAP! If you sent in your application and need to make changes to your registration, (i.e. need to pay for dinner at banquet, need to sign up for side matches, need to sign up for Heads-Up Challenge, etc) you can do so when you pick up your match packets.
If you would like to support the SASS Scholarship Fund, please sign up for the Heads-Up Challenge or you can simply donate when you pick up your packet. 

CURRENT VENDORS

• HNR Gunworks info@hnrgunworks.com
  • Mama Knows Best rachelgetsresults@hotmail.com
  • Michael Sassone Knives elizabethhatfield55@yahoo.com
  • Scentsy by Greta Dee neyowen@gmail.com
  • Page Custom Knives snl.page@yahoo.com
  • J&J Targets rockycreek1873@gmail.com
  • Bullets by Chance art@schlaudraff.com
  • Outlaw Bullets tecdac@gmail.com
  • Bullets by Scarlett bulletsbyscarlett@gmail.com
  • Florida Cowboy Co chris@parabellum9.com
  • Ascending Night Photo ascendingnightphoto@gmail.com

CURRENT SPONSORS

• HNR Gunworks - Door Prize
  • Lady Pearl Sews - Door Prize
  • Smart * and Sunshine Rose - Door Prize
  • Wiggley Down Yonder - Main Match
  • Renegade Roger - Lake County Pistoleros - Main Match
  • Pat's Pawn and Gun - Main Match
  • Page Custom Knives - Main Match
  • Davis Financial - Main Match
  • Florida Cowboy Co - Main Match
  • Florida Cowboy Co - Side Match
  • Scentsy by Greta Dee - Door Prize
  • Polecat Joe - Stage
  • Cracker Crew - Stage
  • The Snowbirds - Stage
  • Bullets by Chance - Stage
  • SASS Florida - Stage
  • Classic Leather Works - Stage
  • Competition Electronics - Stage
  • Bullets by Scarlett - Stage
  • CSA Bullets - Stage
  • Denham's - Stage 

Please support those who support us and in turn allow us to have a great match. See y'all in a couple weeks. 

Looking forward to being at Eustis Gun Club! One of my favorite places!

Hugs!

Scarlett

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Looking forward to being at Eustis Gun Club! One of my favorite places!

Hugs!

Scarlett

I feel a little sad for all the other posses that don't have Scarlett Darlin' and Waimea for Posse Marshalls.:lol:

19 hours ago, Waimea said:

I feel a little sad for all the other posses that don't have Scarlett Darlin' and Waimea for Posse Marshalls.:lol:

Good Lord!  They are letting you RUN a Posse? :o  That should be something to behold! :blink:  Hopefully, Scarlett Darlin' can keep you in line...:rolleyes:

Looking forward to the match.  Started gathering Cowboy stuff in the living room in preparation for loading the vehicle on next Thursday.  If plans hold together (and the universe is doing it's best to beat me down...) we will be driving down next Friday, hoping to shoot at Ft. White on Saturday.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone at the match.  Holli and I will be running the Pocket Pistol/Derringer sidematch on Thursday AM, so swing by and let'em fly!

29 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Good Lord!  They are letting you RUN a Posse? :o  That should be something to behold! :blink:  Hopefully, Scarlett Darlin' can keep you in line...:rolleyes:

Scary, ain't it. They finished scaping the bottom of the barrel and now they're forced to look under the barrel.:lol:

Scarlett has her own personal bullhorn! I expect she can hold her own keeping one dirty Outlaw in line.

29 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Holli and I will be running the Pocket Pistol/Derringer sidematch on Thursday AM, so swing by and let'em fly!

I have a Bond Derringer I've never shot. Well, once to see if it went bang. I expect I'll be passing out lead in a different fashion.:lol:

Shoot 'em like you stole 'em.

6 hours ago, Waimea said:

Scary, ain't it. They finished scaping the bottom of the barrel and now they're forced to look under the barrel.:lol:

Scarlett has her own personal bullhorn! I expect she can hold her own keeping one dirty Outlaw in line.

I have a Bond Derringer I've never shot. Well, once to see if it went bang. I expect I'll be passing out lead in a different fashion.:lol:

Shoot 'em like you stole 'em.

Here is to hoping that both you and Scarlett go home with significantly lighter trailers than when you left home!

26 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Here is to hoping that both you and Scarlett go home with significantly lighter trailers than when you left home!

Thanks, Dad.

I'm sure we will.

See you soon.

Talk about getting out of town at the perfect time!  Cold weather is coming in on Friday, with a chance of snow Friday night and again next Tuesday.  Nothing like past winters, and likely will turn out to be a big nothing, but it can be a Big Nothing With Out Me!

Still scrambling to get life in order so we can leave, or at least shovel what's left into the truck for the trip, but Friday AM, God Willing, we are out of here!

I Feel The Need For Sunshine, Warm Breezes, and some Aroma-Therapy!

Dogmeat@LandRun-sm.thumb.jpg.2c2c2aa1999249187b8561bbc40876dd.jpg

I was so hoping to make it this year since I moved away in Jan 2022, but alas I got laid off, and doing some contract work that allows for no time off. Maybe 2024.

Well, all my work is done, the truck is packed, and all I have to do is kick back and wait for departure time at 6:00am tomorrow morning.....

throw-our-heads-back-in-laughter.gif

Not even close!  Man is it going to be a flail today, but if I can keep any new crisis from happening, we should make it.

We aren't leaving till next Tuesday.  That gives me time to pack the camper and load that 100 lb generator.   <_<

I'll be transferring some of Waimea and Scarlett's load to my truck on this trip.  I've got lots of bullets to pick up.  

If plans hold, we are planning to stop in Lake City Friday night, and then shoot Fort White on Saturday.  That keeps it to a 12 hour, 800 mile, drive...like a walk in the park!

After that, we are heading south to Dunedin (just North of Clearwater) for a few days and rolling into the Ides on Wednesday morning, probably around 9:00am to lend a hand where needed.

The Real Fun Begins In Exactly 7 Days! 

Just now, Captain Bill Burt said:

Spring is in the air!!  There are about to be an abundance of fun matches.

Can we get a 'Whose Coming list'?

Greta does not publish a shooter's list prior to the match. 

7 minutes ago, runs with scissors said:

BOO!

I will let you take that up with Greta... ;)

On 3/9/2023 at 9:23 PM, runs with scissors said:

Greta will get the list to me Sunday and I will post it on the wire. :D :D

I hope you are at the shoot off Sunday, not posting n the wire.  hahaha 

Archived