SASS Wire Forum

Different Times

Subdeacon Joe

In 1945, Sheriff Warren Hyde of Utah chased down a Japanese balloon bomb that then took him on a wild ride. He grabbed hold and rode the balloon for almost an hour as it dragged him through barbed wire and reached heights of 30 ft before he was able to tie it down. #FunFactFriday

FB_IMG_1675524507127.jpg

Now we have a government that sits on its hands and frets while doing nothing while a super power that should be our bitter enemy does at it pleases because corporations rule. Cowardly bunch of money grubbing sonsof……..

Government (political) indecision and on-going analysis, always = military inactivity and paralysis. It's been true since the beginning of time. ;)

I am NO fan of Sleepy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the delay was intentional so that we could gain intel on the capabilities of the balloon. :ph34r: According to just reports, the instrument package landed offshore in 47 feet of water! Depending on the amount of damage incurred by water impact, there should be little trouble recovering it.  Not sure what they could determine from its location over Malmstrom, Minot and Warren AFB's, or Whiteman AFB's. Location of the LF's and MAF's has been NO secret since the early 1960's! Fairly easy to recover the instrument package from 47 feet of water offshore, and a water landing would be a little less damaging than hitting the ground.   If we had shot it down near Alaska, recovery would have been significantly more difficult.

But, all the comments by retired generals and correspondents on Fox News and CNN, etc., gives the media something to fill air. 

Now back to something really scary...getting my tax data ready for my preparer!:blink:

The government suppressed news of the balloon bombs during the war assuming it would cause panic. They were correct.

It could have been safely downed over CONUS if they used aircraft that had a 20mm cannon & they loaded it with inert practice rounds.  with a couple of 20mm holes in the balloon it would descend slow enough to limit damage to the instrument package.  Possibly less than hitting the ocean & electrical shorts caused by salt water.

i guess we shall see , im not confident we will hear anything , so much for transparency , but then if they had a plan i guess sharing it might have jeopardized it as this clearly is not what it seemed or was professed to be - nor are the others in other parts of the world , last i heard there were at least four of them in strategic areas for chinas interests outside their boarders , we shall see ..............

my lack of confidence in our current administration does not extend our military at this time , 

Archived