Bourbon recommendation

Ya never know with fancy bottles. I got this one but because I love Don Julio, not for the bottle. 

It’s awesome! Win Win. :D

E3B9100B-93E9-4E49-9F41-B3148A823094.jpeg

3 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

I treat myself to a bottle a year.  My favorite.  I've had a sample of one of their older ones, even better, I think I deliberately forgot which because there are limits to what I'll spend in pursuit of my vices.

Tried that once years ago cuz so many SASS shooters raved about it. Couldn't stand it. Tasted like Listerine with a handful of peat moss. Gave it away at EoT.

JHC

6 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Tried that once years ago cuz so many SASS shooters raved about it. Couldn't stand it. Tasted like Listerine with a handful of peat moss. Gave it away at EoT.

JHC

Different strokes - an acquired taste.  Reviewers have called it Powerful and Medicinal.  In a certain mood, suits me just fine, even at near $80 a bottle. BTW there is nothing in it that tastes like Listerine.  Peat, smoke, whatever falls into the barrels yes.

42 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Different strokes - an acquired taste.  Reviewers have called it Powerful and Medicinal.  In a certain mood, suits me just fine, even at near $80 a bottle. BTW there is nothing in it that tastes like Listerine.  Peat, smoke, whatever falls into the barrels yes.

I have some Lagavulin that I also need to be in the proper mood for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I have some Lagavulin that I also need to be in the proper mood for.

In that vein, port Charlotte heavily peated.  For less peat, bowmore 12 year, cedar ridge quintessential, batch 2 if you can find it, later batches have even less peat.  
Cedar ridge slip knot bourbons are pretty good as well.  

12 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

In that vein, port Charlotte heavily peated.  For less peat, bowmore 12 year, cedar ridge quintessential, batch 2 if you can find it, later batches have even less peat.  
Cedar ridge slip knot bourbons are pretty good as well.  

Every now and then, I need a wee bit of peat. ;) Might be a genetic thing. 

8 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Peat and repeat as needed!

;) And stay off the moors in the full moon! 

86E6D3E2-363E-4302-BA1C-7A4CCF66FC42.jpeg

Edited by Utah Bob #35998

I'm not a fan of corn mash, It gives me a severe hangover. However I am a fan of rye whisky.  Surprisingly the bottom shelf "Northern Lights" fits my palate

better than the top shelf stuff So I'm lucky!

7 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I have had success trading for what others didnt like.

Scotch for tequila  heap good trade.

Best

CR

Depends on my mood.

2 hours ago, Highwall said:

I'm not a fan of corn mash, It gives me a severe hangover. However I am a fan of rye whisky.  Surprisingly the bottom shelf "Northern Lights" fits my palate

better than the top shelf stuff So I'm lucky!

Angels envy, distillery 291, minor case, knob creek,  all make some good rye’s.   291 is a bit pricy, but the others are not bad.