SASS Wire Forum

WTS advice invited- LCRx and Single Six

Howdy friends!!

I have two revolvers I would like to sell. The first is a Ruger LCRx 3" in .357 while the second is a Ruger Single Six. 

Do y'all know the best way I can sell these? I am working my way to getting all my shooting needs for CAS and "re-homing" these darlings would greatly help. ...

Each have been fired no more than 10 chambers each. 

I can supply photos if interested.

Warmly,

Side Eye Sue

There are several things that you should do to sell your items;

- Establish a price that meets your needs, yet is low enough to interest buyers. Keep in mind that if someone can go into a local store and buy the same thing that you are selling for the same or less, they will.

- Post pictures of the items that you want to sell. These need to be "real" pictures to the items, not some pics copied from other sources.

- Read other ads in the Classifieds for hints on wording, etc.

- Include the details of your items. For guns, include make, caliber, barrel length, action work, year made (if possible) and any other details to make your items desirable. Be honest in your descriptions, list any flaws (show in pics) so there is no discrepancy later.

- Plainly list payment and shipping terms.

- You may have a hard time selling your items due to the fact that you just joined the SASS Wire Forums. New members are scrutinized VERY closely due to the threat of scammers. Edit your profile to include your general location (city/state) and which SASS clubs you hold membership in or shoot at. It will help as people can go to that club's score page and see that you do indeed exist.

- Finally, and don't take this personal unless you are, if you are a scammer...be aware that folks on here are very aware of scammers and think that scammers are one of the lowest forms of life on this Earth. Many SASS members are LEO's and some WILL hunt scammers down. If you are a scammer, I suggest that you close up shop here and get a real job.

You can get realistic ideas of what they will sell for by looking at the completed auctions on Gunbroker. Keep in mind you most likely will not get that amount here. Blurry photos won't sell a gun. Take them outside with no glare. If you are a member of a local club, you can offer them at a shoot. Local gun shops also will buy them outright or take them on consignment, but they get a cut.

Gunbroker in my opinion is the worst place to establish a price unless you are going to sell on Gunbroker. No way would I pay the extraordinary prices that those auctions command.

You get more realistic prices looking at the different online stores pricing new versions of what you have for sell. You can also search on here for similar items and see what they sold for. If you use new prices make sure you depreciate it 10% or more because no one will pay new price for a used gun. Also keep in mind used is used, doesn't matter 1 shot or 100 shots its still used. 

Good luck with selling your items. The LCRX is a good carry piece.

There has been a lot of good advice given here. Depending on what kind of guns you are looking for, often trades can be made here. Expect to ship to a FFL, unless you make a face to face trade or sale. Don't try to use Paypal or Venmo, they will freeze your account and funds if they find out you made a firearm purchase with them. [parts and accessories are still okay]

And welcome to the place.

How do folks typically handle receiving payment? I think I still have a Square account … would waiting for a check be best? Seems more risky to the buyer that way. I think for me it would be less expensive to use the FFL I know to ship from their location. I was told it costs less for shipping that way 

Howdy,

The Classified Wire requires a price to be posted.  If shipping from an FFL, find out what their total charge will be to ship.  Buyers will want to know that.  Otherwise, follow the advice given  by Cypress Sun.  Your instructor will help you with a realistic price to ask for.   

Good luck with your sales!

Archived